Problems with FM08 on Acer Aspire One Netbook.

Hello all... I own a Acer Aspire One and here are the specs:

Acer Aspire One Specification:

•Processor: Intel Atom N270 1.60 GHz

•Memory: 1GB DDR2 (533MHz)

•Chipset: Intel Mobile 82801 GBM

•Video: Intel GMA 950

•Storage: 2.5 inch 120GB HDD

•Card Readers: SD Card (1) & Multi-Card (2)

•Display: LED 8.9 inch 1024×600 (WSVGA)

•Webcam: 0.3 megapixel camera

•Wireless: Acer 802.11b/g

•Ports: 3 USB, LAN 10/100 Mbps, VGA, & Audio in/out

•Battery: 24W 2200mAh 3-cell Li-Ion (3 hours)

•Input: 84-key Keyboard & Touchpad

•Weight: 2.19 lbs with 3-cell & 2.78 lbs with 6-cell

•Size: 9.8″ (W) x 6.7″ (D) x 1.14″ (H) inches

I installed the game and it tells me that it is unable to open full screen mode. So I right click on the icon of FM08 and go to properties and tell it to open in compatibility 256 colors and resolution 640X480 and once I try to re-open the game it tells me I don't have the system requirments... which is weird IMO so I am wondering if there is anything I can do about it.

Thank you.

Not sure what is going on there.

Perhaps try going to your shortcut to FM08 and adding '-small_screen -windowed' (without quotation marks) to the end of the target location so it reads like this:

"D:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

C.

Yes, sorry, my game is on my 'D' drive. Don't change the location, just leave it as it is and add the small screen command on the end.

Right click on the FM08 shortcut, then go to properties, go to 'target' then type the last bit (i.e. small_screen -windowed) at the of the target location. That's how I do it on my computer.

You say that there is two, destination and from? I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps this is what you have instead of 'target'?

If so, I imagine destination will be the right one but I'm not 100% sure. I guess you should try experimenting. Try destination first and add the small screen command at the end of that. Then double-click on the shortcut and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

C.

Can you copy and paste what you are putting in there?

If that isn't working (it works on my Acer Aspire laptoo) then I don't know what to suggest really.

Best go to the technical part of the forum and ask for help. Someone from SI will be able to advise you better than I can.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

C.

No, I've just got a normal Acer Aspire laptop.

Don't copy and paste what I have put, just in case your game is located in a different place on your C: drive.

Just go to the default shortcut. Once there, add:

-small_screen -windowed

and put it outside of the quotation marks on the end of the line. Then it should read something like my example above.

If that doesn't work then I'm afraid that I'm out of ideas.

Hope you get it sorted and someone can help you get the game running.

C.

Archived