Penaties - Anyone ever had this?

In the 14 seasons I've played in my main game, I've never had an out-and-out penalty taker. I usually just put the guy with the highest rating at the start of the season on top of the list and work from there.

On about 4-5 occasions the guy with the highest penalty taking stat (usually around 15-18) was a new young signing usually about 17 - 19 years old.

However, every time a young guy with a high pen rating takes a pen for me he misses.

I've never had anyone under the age of 20 score a pen for me ever. Weather it be in a shootout or in game.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Uhm, off the top of my head: low composure and buckling under the pressure would be two good reasons. Penalty taking is as much about handling the pressure of possible failure as it is about skill.

EDIT: I guess phnompenhandy beat me to it :)

I know both of you are right... but not ONE penalty in 14 seasons?

Surely a youngster who has the ability to score a thirty yard scorcher in a Champions League semi final has the ability to knock in a twelve yard pen against Luton town in the Carling Cup third round?

Would Wayne Rooney have bottled it at 17? I doubt it.

Wayne Rooney was a world class talent at 17 so that's a different case.

You can't compare a 17 year old Wayne Rooney to a 17 year old Harry Forrester.

Back on topic, I have Daniel Aquino in my Villa team as an 18 year old and he's my penalty taker and he scores almost every penalty he takes and he scored most of the penalties last year when he was 17.

Wayne Rooney was a world class talent at 17 so that's a different case.

You can't compare a 17 year old Wayne Rooney to a 17 year old Harry Forrester.

Back on topic, I have Daniel Aquino in my Villa team as an 18 year old and he's my penalty taker and he scores almost every penalty he takes and he scored most of the penalties last year when he was 17.

My guy is worldclass. Probably better than Rooney and the same age....

Screeny:

moretti.jpg

As you can see. He's world class... Pen taking: 17, composure: 18. Technique, finishing, bravery and determination all high...

Archived