What does PA and CA mean?

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to FM09 and new to this forum, and I have seen the terms PA and CA used quite often. What do they mean? I'm guessing it has something to do with a players ability?

Have a look at the sticky threads at the top of the Tactics forum where there are lots of threads to help with information like this.

CA is the fixed figure set in the game at the start identifying the players current ability as highlighted by their playing attributes. How this figure is calculated has never been revealed but it is clear that the attributes that are important for a particular position ( finishing, shooting etc for a striker ) have a higher weighting than those attributes that are not important ( defending, tackling etc )

CA will go up with age, experience and training but will never surpass the PA

PA is the number set by the game that a players ability will rise to under the very best of circumstances like age, training, coaching, first team games etc. This is set randomly at the start of every game within a 30 point range but is rarely that divergant in reality. There is little evidernce to say that PA can ever be passed or will drop in the game so best to assume that this figure is permanently fixed in each save.

Archived