Sorry 'Bout Yo' Damn Luck...

THERE IS PLAYER NAMING IN THIS THREAD...BUT NOT TELLING YOU WHO IS A GOOD SIGNING ETC.

There...now don't flame me >:( lol

I'm Portsmouth and come the January transfer window 2011 I had a huge sum of money burning a hole in my pocket after I sold a right back and replaced him with someone cheaper...so basically I decided to buy a goalkeeper called Francisco C. Ochoa.

It's a strange move since I'd already got rid of David James and my new-look goalkeeping unit is Akinfeev, with Ben Foster as a back-up...but since Foster is 3 star rated with a potential rating of 4, I decided what the hell. He was only £12.5 and Akinfeev cost me £20 yet they're rated the same...so I figured it was a bargain. Foster went out on loan and that player game in.

Since I signed him on a rotation contract I decided it would probably be best to play him, so 5 games later there was a Premiership game against Blackburn, who were towards the bottom of the table...so I figured "what the hell, he could do well and then the fans will like the signing."

2th minute: Ryan Nelsson scores for Blackburn

10th minute: Matt Derbyshire scores

17th minute: Ochoa breaks his leg and is ruled out for the rest of the season

SNAP!!

And I mean snap like "dayamn" not snap like...his leg. :D

So now I have Akinfeev and no back-up goalkeeper since Foster went out on loan with a buy-clause, making him non-returnable until the end of the season. If Akinfeev gets injured I'll have to pluck my youth keeper...rated 1 star, potentially 2 stars :( lol

But damn lol...Ochoa had some rotten luck joining me.

Always have 3 goalkeepers who are capable of playing in your 1st team squad. Bad management tbf :thdn:

Akinfeev hasn't been injured since I've had him 3 years...I'm getting towards the end of the season and he's still going strong. I'm getting away with it ;)

I like to just have 2 quality goalkeepers, then a possible young one...anymore than 2 good keepers means they start whining they want playing time.

I'm expecting to lose one of the two good keepers I have since they both can't play and they'll both want to...but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

bad luck indeed :) i had smth similar with Andres Guardado, the AMR.. bought him for my lpool squad as Riera had retired, Balotelli - long term injury. Andres got injured in his second game.. for 10 months..

bad luck indeed :) i had smth similar with Andres Guardado, the AMR.. bought him for my lpool squad as Riera had retired, Balotelli - long term injury. Andres got injured in his second game.. for 10 months..

Ochoa is thankfully "just" for 7... :D

keepers always play crap for the first 6 months when you sign them. something ive learned the hard way.

Keeper I have atm kicked ass since the first match he played. Have him for 5 years now, hopefully he can add another 5 years (he's 32 atm).

Don't you mean Guardado the LWB/AML?

Akinfeev hardly ever gets injured with me, 34 and still going strong. Its annoying how the backups complain so much though, and regens goalkeepers tend to drop stats if they dont play and hardly increase much when they do.

Always have 3 goalkeepers who are capable of playing in your 1st team squad. Bad management tbf :thdn:

not really i usually only play with 2 goalkeepers because how often does a keeper get injured on fm 09? and if one gets injured you never have 2 out at the same time. I would bet on akinfeev staying fit for the entire duration of ochoa's injury.

i have never seen a keeper get more than a cold/flu injury, and never ever in a match have i seen a keeper either injured or sent off on fm09, i saw it fairly often on 07 and 08 though

Why did you say this???

Because telling people in this thread who is a good buy is bad etiquette, Good Players & Teams is for doing that. This thread is for funny screenshots, random game rants, and sharing the suckiest thing ever to happen in one of your games with others.

With my Fenerbahce team, i had a regen striker called Cem Sultan out for 8 months with a serious viral infection.

That confused the bejebees outa me.

This sort of thing has happened IRL too. Chris Burke (Cardiff City), formerly Rangers, had a mysterious viral infection that kept him out for a whole season a few seasons back. He lost something like 3 stone aswell :eek:

This sort of thing has happened IRL too. Chris Burke (Cardiff City), formerly Rangers, had a mysterious viral infection that kept him out for a whole season a few seasons back. He lost something like 3 stone aswell :eek:

Hmm i just wish that SI make it more understandable, like tell us what exactly is up. We get told if he breaks his leg.

Akinfeev didn't get injured, but I eneded up selling him at the end of the season for £19.5m just because Ochoa is just as good.

Yes, that's a 0.5m loss :( lol, but I slapped on a 35% sell-on clause, so hopefully if Chelsea or someone buy him for £30m I'll get a little profit.

I just got sick of balancing my keepers and seeing as Akinfeev was worth more but of the same ability, I let him go...and I signed a youth keeper who has the potential to be awesome (he won't be, lets face it) as back-up...we'll see how this goes.

Archived