1000 managerial games

I am just about to take charge of my 1000th game in football management which will put me on the prestigious list that only 17 other managers have managed in the past. I know a lot of people play long term games but this is the first time i've actually ever managed to reach this milestone :D. So, i was just wondering how many people have reached this landmark (not necessarily at one club) to join the list of greats below -

Sir Alex Ferguson

Harry Redknapp

Neil Warnock

Sir Bobby Robson

Joe Royle

Brian Horton

Denis Smith

Lennie Lawrence

Dario Gradi

Alan Buckley

Dave Bassett

Graham Taylor

Jim Smith

Brian Clough

Sir Matt Busby

Alec Stock

Steve Coppell

Raware ;)

list of greats below -

Sir Alex Ferguson

Harry Redknapp

Neil Warnock

Sir Bobby Robson

Joe Royle

Brian Horton

Denis Smith

Lennie Lawrence

Dario Gradi

Alan Buckley

Dave Bassett

Graham Taylor

Jim Smith

Brian Clough

Sir Matt Busby

Alec Stock

Steve Coppell

Raware ;)

Carlo Mazzone ;)

Brilliant achievement mate, well done.

How do you play for that long? Dont you guys get bored after winning everything over and over again?

Saying i've reached the 1000 game mark i haven't really won that much, well major trophies anyway. I've won everything in Northern Ireland, a couple of lower league titles and a cup in Scotland and a few lower league cups and the BSS title to the Coca-Cola League 1 title in England. So along way to go before i 'conquer the world'. If you struggle to play long term games i'd suggest starting from the bottom, that way it'll give you a bit more longevity for you to strive for the top.

Carlo Mazzone ;)

Brilliant achievement mate, well done.

Thanks mate :thup: Congrats yourself and deservedly added to the 1000th club ;)

Think I'm around the 800 games mark in my Villa save. I kinda got frustrated with that so started a new save a couple months back. I do want to get to the 1000th game before FM10 comes out so I may well go back to it sometime soon.

Ah.....small misunderstanding LOL

Carlo Mazzone is a real manager, not me.

He managed for 38 years, inluding Fiorentina, Bologna, Roma and Napoli.

Just shows you my knowledge on Italian football! ;) As much as i love watching Italian football, i rarely play the Italian leagues on FM...mainly due to the restrictions i.e. 1 foreign player a year only allowed to be signed, etc.

You could've taken the credit for Mazzone's career and i'd be none the wiser! ;)

Currently on 2033 Games, in 2042. All games have been with Knockbreda FC of N. Ireland.

Here are the facts :

Games : 2033

Wins : 1643

Draws : 174

Losses : 216

Goals : 7937 (3.9 pm)

Conceded : 1723 (0.8 pm)

League Wins : 30

Cup Wins : 95

:cool:

Currently on 2033 Games, in 2042. All games have been with Knockbreda FC of N. Ireland.

Here are the facts :

Games : 2033

Wins : 1643

Draws : 174

Losses : 216

Goals : 7937 (3.9 pm)

Conceded : 1723 (0.8 pm)

League Wins : 30

Cup Wins : 95

:cool:

Pretty impressive again...have you found your new Paul Wallace yet? ;)

Also, i started in N.Ireland on my current save and after reading your thread about Knockbreda last year, i had a quick look at them in this years FM only to see they were unplayable. So, i'm wondering did you add them in via the editor or did you wait until they got promoted to the N.I. 2nd Div?

Pretty impressive again...have you found your new Paul Wallace yet? ;)

Also, i started in N.Ireland on my current save and after reading your thread about Knockbreda last year, i had a quick look at them in this years FM only to see they were unplayable. So, i'm wondering did you add them in via the editor or did you wait until they got promoted to the N.I. 2nd Div?

Read the second post in the Career Thread I've got about Paul Wallace ;)

Andrew Smylie is a far better player.

As for getting them into the game, yeah, I had to holiday for a year and wait 'till they got promoted.

Archived