Scouting restrictions

I'm managing TP-47 in Finland and I've just won my first title in my 8th season. After this the board decided to turn the club pro, and now we can scout anywhere in the world. Sounds normal, but not when you consider that throughout our days of being semi-pro, I've only been allowed to scout in Finland.

Isn't this a bit of an extreme turnaround by the board?

Considering we've long had a healthy bank balance (Currently approximately £2.8m), shouldn't the board have let us scout elsewhere in Scandanavia when we were promoted to the top flight, and then maybe when we first qualified for Europe let us scout the whole of Europe?

I'm guessing the restrictions were linked to us being semi-pro, but even so they've been severely holding back the club, and have meant I've had to take on a lot of trialists in the hope of finding just a couple of decent players.

I think the whole way turning pro is dealt with needs changing on FM2010. It'd have been safe to do it years ago.

I agree with Sir Liam

that's just too much, i mean the game gave you all those options because you won the league, but surely in real life if you do well and got close say 3-4th positions then probably the chairmen would grant you more scouting trips, money and pro status, i can't see this happening all because you won the league

everywhere in the footballing world were is progres there is ambition, so in 8 years i'd think they would grant you not only a wider area for scouting trips but pro satus as well

but in FM everything is arround reputation so the game calculated that , your team become champions ergo you're nationaly known, ergo you became pro ergo you can scout the whole world now

a bit irrealistic, but thats how it works i presume

Archived