Expanding the stadium problem

My stadium is sold out week in and week out, I have no loans, £100 million in the bank, and when I ask the board to expand the stadium they agree, but every summer nothing happens? I've tried expanding the stadium for about 10 years but nothing happens, and I get no message why, for example a message saying they can't expand due to the council blocking it. What should I do?

I'm desperate, I have to sell players each year not to loose money even though I play in the pl and cl. I'd also like to add that they have expanded the stadium earlier in my game and even built a new stadium 15 seasons ago but after that nothing has happened.

I've never seen a club have 2 stadiums built for them, so you're possibly asking for something that may not happen!. Whether thats due to poor programming or other factors is anyones guess. Perhaps £100m isn't enough?

I've never seen a club have 2 stadiums built for them, so you're possibly asking for something that may not happen!. Whether thats due to poor programming or other factors is anyones guess. Perhaps £100m isn't enough?

But if £100m isn't enough, shouldn't they come back and say "we dont have enough money?", isn't that how it works? Otherwise I could agree that that could be a problem. If you can't have two stadiums built in one save game, then I have a massive problem because the stadium only takes 26 800 right now and even if I'm very succesful atm I think it will be hard to keep up without more money.

But if £100m isn't enough, shouldn't they come back and say "we dont have enough money?", isn't that how it works? Otherwise I could agree that that could be a problem. If you can't have two stadiums built in one save game, then I have a massive problem because the stadium only takes 26 800 right now and even if I'm very succesful atm I think it will be hard to keep up without more money.

You're right on both fronts, Stadium Expansion is a little murky in the game and there isn't any clear responses from the board in certain situations and 26,000 attendance certaintly isn't enough for a Prem and CL team as you'd need around 50-60,000 per game to keep healthy financially.

It may be possible to have 2 stadiums built! I've just never seen it happen in years of FM and browsing these boards :)

My mate had 3 stadiums built in a career spanning over 60 years, so it is possible to get more than 1 built. Who are you playing as? That can make a difference. From what i have seen, £100m isn't enough, although the amount varies depending on the club, area and rep of the club.

I've heard you'll never get 2 stadiums built for you, in fact I might have read it in the manual, I think in this case you'd be very justified to do a spot of real time editing.

How do you do "real time editing"?

My mate had 3 stadiums built in a career spanning over 60 years, so it is possible to get more than 1 built. Who are you playing as? That can make a difference. From what i have seen, £100m isn't enough, although the amount varies depending on the club, area and rep of the club.

Thanks, that means it isn't impossible at least. I'm playing as Newport County (Wales) in the English Premier League, I've won the treble two years in a row, the league 6 times in a row and I top the european ranking and the club is the third richest in the world, so I suppose my clubs rep is quite good. It's been 15 years since they built the stadium and they took a loan that was supposed to be payed until the year I'm in now, however the club re-paid that loan maybe 5 years ago. I really hope I can get a new stadium (preferrably with my name since I am the only club legend), otherwise I almost feel lika quitting.

real madrid built a new stadia with my name "****** arena" :D

14years i was there & i never even got on the liked persons list never mind ledgends.

the stadia cost 180mill & there was also a message saying some of the founds would be recouped by the sale of the old stadia.

my guess is that its a bug or something.

real time editing is essentially cheating, but in your case, i think you can justify it.

download fm real time editor (9.3.0 if you're using the 3rd patch). you load the game on there (it's a utility) and search for your club. go on info and you get the stadium info. you could edit max attendence and expansion capacity to minimise 'cheating'. when you've done that, i.e. made your stadium have expansion capabilities of 70,000 etc, ask the board to expand the stadium. it should work.

of course you could just edit the capacity but that is cheating.

, but in your case, i think you can justify it.

You can always justify it, it's your game, you're not hurting anyone. That said I only use FMRTE for the odd jersey change, looking at the same colours for five months can sometimes get boring.

You can always justify it, it's your game, you're not hurting anyone. That said I only use FMRTE for the odd jersey change, looking at the same colours for five months can sometimes get boring.

true but some people don't like it. as i don't know the poster, i took a cautious approach. i use it for increasing young players abilities so that genie scout says they can one day each their 190+ potential. it irritates the hell of me to have CA of say 90 and PA of 190 but if genie says they can only reach PA of 160, i'll nudge the CA up to 120 then genie says (after saving and loading) that the plyer can reach PA of 190. call that cheating if you will, but when you sign a keeper with PA of 197 who wont ever be "godlike" then something must happen.

anyway, i digress.

My Fulham are building the creatively named Fulham Stadium which will seat 46663 people. This cost £151m, although it does have a retractable roof!

We borrowed £66m, sold the cottage, and paid the rest upfront.

£100m should be enough, maybe it's because your current stadium is still relatively young?

Im manager of Middlesbrough. I have expanded my capacity to 46000 but sell out week in week out. I have £560,000,000 in the bank and for the last 9 seasons i have been rejected for stadium expansion due to lack of space.

Just something ive accepted now. Im in 2037 so Riverside Stadium is 42 years old so not expecting new Stadium but saying that Arsenal built the 'Adams Arena' in 2027, which is pretty much the same stadium but with roof. Just hoping its matter of time.

My Fulham are building the creatively named Fulham Stadium which will seat 46663 people. This cost £151m, although it does have a retractable roof!

We borrowed £66m, sold the cottage, and paid the rest upfront.

£100m should be enough, maybe it's because your current stadium is still relatively young?

I'm playing as Fulham also. Could you talk about your stadium story further. I want a new stadium. I can see one problem I have, which is not being able to keep enough money in the bank. Can you give me some tips?

Thanks

I'm playing as Fulham also. Could you talk about your stadium story further. I want a new stadium. I can see one problem I have, which is not being able to keep enough money in the bank. Can you give me some tips?

Thanks

I had a balance of about £60-70m when we built it, and the amount we paid to us straight down to £30m exactly, so you need to aim for those sort of figures.

To get that balance I relied on signing good players for small amounts, so my team improved but I still made a profit on them later. It's vital you don't spend all of your transfer budget, each season I spend at most half, as Fulham tend to give you so much that you'll probably end up with a negative balance.

Transfers aside, most of my finances came through final league position money, and now UCL money. I managed to get to the final somehow which meant I received close to £20m.

The reputation increase of playing in the CL may have had an impact as well, as the board will never build a new stadium unless they know you will fill it.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I've been at Spartak Moscow (Russian League) for almost 20 years now, won CL for like 8 times (3 times in the last 5 years), reputation is worldwide, average attendance is 49.900's for like 15 years now (the stadium capacity is 50.000). I also have over 1B Euros in balance. Been asking for a new stadium for the past 10 years - says "the coucil will not allow it". Should I just give up???

• 2 weeks later...

Currently playing as Hibernian in Scotland, currently 8th December 2013, the club was takenover in my first season, 2 of 3 outstanding loans were cleared (3rd doesnt start until 2020), he built me world class training and youth facilities and Easter Road has been upgraded to 25,000 in 3 stages.

I'm currently seeking my 4th SPL in a row and I've been to the UCL semi finals and the Europa League Semis in the season before that. I'm ranked 19th in the UEFA Coefficients and I'm 29th richest club in the world.

The club is worth €112M, I've €26M currently in the bank but the board say the council will never allow permission to expand because of a lack of space. I've asked every season since my club is selling its season ticket allocation with ease. Our corporate facilities are rated as poor so I think that the board should be looking to build a new one. Will I ever see an expansion or should I just do a ultimatum and leave?

Archived