Would SI consider this??

Just been over to the CM website to see how CM10 is coming on. One new feature that made me think was Championship Manager Live. Basically over a six month period from Oct to the end of the season, CM will have an update which will allow you to take control of your team, from the position they are actually in IRL. So if like last season with 8 games to go, you fancied taking on Alan Shearer's challenge of keeping Newcastle up, you could...or if you fancied trying to get Leeds up from League 1 with the final 10 games to go, you could.

I have to say, this does sound like a good idea....if a little gimmicky. But alot of people on here are always asking for this kind of option. I dont suppose SI have ever or will ever consider this would they?

I'm sure that on the football manager website they've had similar challenges in the past as one-offs.

Would be a nice idea if a save game could be put up for download every week mirroring real life and in theory it wouldn't be too hard to do, but I guess the problem would be the legality of replicating real-life fixture lists. That might kill this idea before it even gets off the ground.

I'm sure that on the football manager website they've had similar challenges in the past as one-offs.

Would be a nice idea if a save game could be put up for download every week mirroring real life and in theory it wouldn't be too hard to do, but I guess the problem would be the legality of replicating real-life fixture lists. That might kill this idea before it even gets off the ground.

Well obviously CM are doing it, so the legality cant be that bad...surely SEGA are still a bigger firm then EIDOS?

And it's ok, having challenges...it's another being able to download an update that keeps stats etc upto date and allows you to play from different stages of a season.

Well obviously CM are doing it, so the legality cant be that bad...surely SEGA are still a bigger firm then EIDOS?

It's nothing to do with size of publisher though. It's to do with what rights you can negotiate with what leagues, and SI / Sega have no rights to the Premier League or their fixtures AFAIK.

No idea about EIDOS though, whether they've negotiated something or not, but if they haven't then I'm pretty sure they should have done!

Just been over to the CM website to see how CM10 is coming on. One new feature that made me think was Championship Manager Live. Basically over a six month period from Oct to the end of the season, CM will have an update which will allow you to take control of your team, from the position they are actually in IRL. So if like last season with 8 games to go, you fancied taking on Alan Shearer's challenge of keeping Newcastle up, you could...or if you fancied trying to get Leeds up from League 1 with the final 10 games to go, you could.

I have to say, this does sound like a good idea....if a little gimmicky. But alot of people on here are always asking for this kind of option. I dont suppose SI have ever or will ever consider this would they?

I've always thought something like this was a good idea.

A broader idea would be to be able to start your game somewhere in the future. So, for example, it would be like a "quick holidaying" mode, with faster but less accurate processing but it doesn't really matter as you only need something slightly resembling a realistic simulation. So in 2100, you see that there are some teams still in the Premiership but the vast majority of amateur teams then are still amateur teams in 2100.

These scenarios would be released once the game was out though so there wouldnt be any need for SI to take resources from other areas. You could always download FMRTE I tihnk you can alter a teams league points using that.

It was so buggy they couldn't release it on time. They still haven't fixed all the bugs after two years. Go figure.

Hey, at least they learnt their lesson. FM has been released as a buggy mess in every single version.

I accept that every game will have some bugs in it, but SI just take the mickey.

Hey, at least they learnt their lesson. FM has been released as a buggy mess in every single version.

I accept that every game will have some bugs in it, but SI just take the mickey.

If SI are so bad why do you buy the games and comment on their forum? I know its all about opinions, but SI have much better customer relations that Eidos

Because usually by the time February comes around they have a decent game. Didn't work this time, but then again, if the forum were full of people of just said "yes, that's brilliant SI" then you would end up with a game like Fifa manager.

I always find it funny how the immediate reaction to people with a negative opinion is along the lines of "stop playing and leave us to our ass kissing in peace please" :D

Because usually by the time February comes around they have a decent game. Didn't work this time, but then again, if the forum were full of people of just said "yes, that's brilliant SI" then you would end up with a game like Fifa manager.

I always find it funny how the immediate reaction to people with a negative opinion is along the lines of "stop playing and leave us to our ass kissing in peace please" :D

I was just wondering why you commented that every release is a bug filled mess? Its fine to have a negative opinion about aspects of the game, but to dismiss the whole company as producing sub-standard games and comparing them to CM is just silly.

Well because they are. Every new features is riddled with problems and aren't fixed, in some cases, 3 versions (full releases) of the game later.

CM haven't delivered yet, but they've taken the right attitude to it.

Well because they are. Every new features is riddled with problems and aren't fixed, in some cases, 3 versions (full releases) of the game later.

That is not true and IMHO all FM versions (eventually) are fully playable.

Your opinion is not true or what? You mixed an opinion with something else you presented as fact there.

FM09 is not playable in the long term as a simulation, there's just too many problems.

Not true in that you said riddled with bugs which implies there are heaps of game breaking bugs which there arent. And in my opinion they are all eventually fully playable.

Anyway the only long term problem ive come across is the Co-Ownership mess.

So nothing wrong with AI management of the big clubs, regens with unbalanced stats, the best regens being released by their clubs, players remaining at top flight clubs well beyond 35 far too often and so on and so forth?

Maybe not game breaking in the sense that you can't play it, but for a simulation, it's not good. Certainly stops me from wanting to have a long career in the game.

FM is playable in the long term after patch 9.3.0. The major problems such as injuries, Spainish B team bug and the Bojan type bug were all fixed. Just curious as to what you think makes a long term game unplayable?

Players do stick around for too long I agree but the brilliant regens are available to everyone Arsenal on my save have several world class players as do Man City in the EPL.

Do you work for Eidos? Their 'right attitude' has seen some very poor releases. Promising a game then not delivering is not that good tbh, delaying a game by 12 months in order to catch-up with the competition isn't a great sign.

I think you missed an 'n' from your username.

Bojan bug isn't fixed in my versionof 9.3, that's for sure :D

But the main one is the way that huge clubs go down the pan after a few years in a completely unrealistic way. They spend millions on a player, he plays 10 games a season, and is then transferred off for another silly sum of money.

Do you work for Eidos? Their 'right attitude' has seen some very poor releases. Promising a game then not delivering is not that good tbh, delaying a game by 12 months in order to catch-up with the competition isn't a great sign.

No need for that last comment insulting people shows a lack of intelligence when debating.

Don't be silly. Their "right attitude" as you put it has been employed for the first time with this release. It's a sign that they're working hard behind the scenes. Either that or struggling badly, only time will tell :D

And you're the first person ever in the world to make that "joke". Well played, shows what I'm debating against to be honest :)

Also, Eidos are the publisher, not the producers of the game, you seem confused about that :thup:

Ginger- thats gonna get you an infraction

Wakers- The players staying onto long i havent noticed on numerous long term games to be honest since 9.03. Irl there are examples of teams releasing youngsters and that coming back to bite them.

If you think the regens with unbalanced stats is bad try playing 08 :rolleyes:

Becoming personally offensive when having an argument with someone is absolutely pathetic Ginger. :thdn: It just makes you look extremely silly.

I see it so often on this forum and I get fed up of it. You may not agree with another poster but for goodness sake, grow up and try to make your point like an adult without resorting to insults all of the time.

C.

Wakers- The players staying onto long i havent noticed on numerous long term games to be honest since 9.03. Irl there are examples of teams releasing youngsters and that coming back to bite them.

Yea, 08 was bad, 09 still has issues though. 10 seasons in, there aren't so many world class regens for some reason.

Yea, I was so fed up I went through with genie scout to find some, and there were only 20 (on a large database) with ability over 160.

Struggling to remember if this was a game I started with 9.3 or one that was updated after 2 seasons though.

Aside from that, the other problems I listed definitely happened on an originally 9.3 game.

Yea, I was so fed up I went through with genie scout to find some, and there were only 20 (on a large database) with ability over 160.

Struggling to remember if this was a game I started with 9.3 or one that was updated after 2 seasons though.

Aside from that, the other problems I listed definitely happened on an originally 9.3 game.

Really I find the only problem is the rather ridicilous Co-owner bug

Gotta be honest, I think that is a cracking idea, I really do. And all you've gotta do is set a db up for it. I assume they aren't going to reflect the changes in the transfer activity though, because (a) that would be a big job and (b) it would diminish the sales of the next version.

Still cracking idea. What do you think SI?

P.S. I think with a db edit we could actually do that ourselves, no?

Not true in that you said riddled with bugs which implies there are heaps of game breaking bugs which there arent. And in my opinion they are all eventually fully playable.

Anyway the only long term problem ive come across is the Co-Ownership mess.

What is, out of interest, the co-ownership mess? I haven't, as yet, played in a league allowing co-ownership, but am thinking about starting a Serie C save tomorrow. Info please!

Thanks,

Ghost!

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Delaying a gam, which has probably cost 7 figures to develop, promote and complete, then shelving it because it does not come up to standard is EXACTLY the right decision to take. I didn't know about this - I bought CM the first time both games came out, played half a season and threw it in the bin - I have never been back since, However, they are tempting me with CM10 PRECISELY because of their attitude in delaying a game for a whole 12 months because of quality reasons.

Ghost!

Sure are - Arsenal let Andy Cole go after, i think, 8 games.

Ghost!

What is' date=' out of interest, the co-ownership mess? I haven't, as yet, played in a league allowing co-ownership, but am thinking about starting a Serie C save tomorrow. Info please!

Thanks,

Ghost![/quote']

Ill give an example Inter Milan buying Marek Hamsik for £25M then 6 months later they accept 7.5M and Napoli accept the same.

Gotta be honest' date=' I think that is a cracking idea, I really do. And all you've gotta do is set a db up for it. I assume they aren't going to reflect the changes in the transfer activity though, because (a) that would be a big job and (b) it would diminish the sales of the next version.

Still cracking idea. What do you think SI?

P.S. I think with a db edit we could actually do that ourselves, no?[/quote']

According to the CM website EVERYTHING will be upto date. Injuries, bans, everything...so i assume that means transfers as well.

According to the CM website EVERYTHING will be upto date. Injuries, bans, everything...so i assume that means transfers as well.

In that case I assume CM is going to become change to a release schedule of every other year, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Still, I like the idea.

What? Why doesn't it make sense?

They update match stats, player stats and league stats as the season goes along, and then release it in the form of a quickstart game. Yes they will update transfers too. They used the example of trying out Alan Shearer's situation when he took over - same team, same players, some league position, same injuries, suspensions and bookings.

Just because SI rely somewhat on releasing an updated version of their game for a couple of releases in a row doesn't mean it has to be done that way :)

Doesn't take much work.

I think it's a great idea, would make some really interesting challenges. I expect that BGS/Eidos will charge for the updates though which could well turn some gamers off.

Would SI get enough out of it for the effort?

Archived