Arsenal or Man City?

Hi, basically, in every FM i do a series of save. These vary from the team i support, a lower league team etc etc.

I usually do a "rich" game, the problem is who to go with? Obviously Man Citeh are very rich and will give you money, but i also hear Arsenal end up very rich and give you a lot of money. Does anybody have a reccomendation of which club to go for? Or any other teams that are willing to splash the cash?

Cheers :thup:

I would defs recommend arsenal. The main reason is that they have a really neat squad as well as a nice kitty:D They have some excellent youth players and with a couple of signings (def mid and right midfield), they have a very well-rounded squad. If you say you'll challenge for title or win title (which I find quite easy) then they will give u a budget of around 45m in the first season. And if u have success you will assume vast amounts of money and within a few seasons you will have the option of £100m+ transfer budgets from which you can bring in world-class players and world-class staff.

Probally the 120m you can spend in the first season.

Beware, i hear if you dont make the ECC you have less money on the second year.

Id go with arsenal, they dominate when you are not them, way to much, and the transfer money availabe seems to go ^ and ^

Arsenal are awesome on this game. Is always start games at Boro but decided to start at Arsenal for once. Stayed there for 4 years and got incredible amounts of money to spend. The only title that I could win was the UCL. Every year, I got beat by Real Madrid. Twice in semis and twice in the final.

Ended up leaving and going to Boro as Southgate got sacked :D

Cool, what made this the best save?

The fact that I didn't buy superstars and still managed to dominate the world for years. I also invested heavily in youth players so after a few years I had a team full of 18-19 year old wonderkids.

Turned it into really enjoyable gaming.

If you want to go out in your first season and buy a new group of galacticos, then Man City is the way to go, as they will give you a huge budget from the get-go.

At Arsenal, you have a squad good enough to challenge on most fronts straight away, and a reasonable transfer budget (30-60mil, depending on what expectations etc you set for).

But within 2 seasons as Arsenal, with 2 financial feeder clubs and some successes, you will be raking in the money and most likely get your transfer budget above 100mil with very little effort.

Arsenal, of course. I can see a lot of potential in their squad and with a few well-picked additions they will be a major force in any competition. No offence, but Manchester City is for those who believe that money buys everything... In my game, they bought new players for £143M while earning just a mere £11M from transfers, and that's just the first season. This is just ridiculous!

If you want instant cash then Man City or build Arsenal to that kind of budget but i went Real Madrid and got something like 40m first season then 2nd and 3rd season by budget was 140-150m for 1 window :eek: don't really know how i managed to get that much but i did lol

ended up buying :

Asenjo

Azpilicueta

Jonny Evans ( quickly becomes a wonderkid if you play him constantly )

Kaka

Ronaldo ( played upfront and was Immense ) - Train him for striker

David Silva

Vela

Rooney

Kuzmanovic

Aaron Lennon ( one of my best players 1st season, i had a tight budget and he was available and was a great signing )

Senderos

and more i can't remember i got all of them in the space of 3 summer windows but i got bored of Real Madrid after 3 seasons. I always get bored after 3-4 seasons max in one save then i start a new save, i don't know why this is but i can never go on as long as i have seen others on these threads do its so annoying

any suggestions as to what could keep me going at 1 team for more than 3-4 seasons ??

cheers ;)

sorry for going off thread a bit people :thup:

any suggestions as to what could keep me going at 1 team for more than 3-4 seasons ??

Maybe if you played some lower league clubs who have limited budget and thus you cannot bring in ready-made stars. The Leeds United from League 1 would be a challenge for more than three years! Winning everything with Derby County could also take time, even though it's not that tough.

Archived