Feeder Club Issue

As Man City i appear to be having a huge problem getting feeder clubs of any sort? I canceled most of the original ones because they had zero benefit at all. After 5 seasons I've made ONE link?

I've requested Commercial clubs and the board never find any (I have one) so i figured fine I'll get some national feeder sides... they find none. I ask for a work permit and they find none!? So I give up and use the option to hand pick teams I want to help out... they refuse and stick with their parent club who is doing nothing for them?

I'm begining to find this feature frustrating as you can apply like twice a year and I get nobody?

As Man City i appear to be having a huge problem getting feeder clubs of any sort? I canceled most of the original ones because they had zero benefit at all. After 5 seasons I've made ONE link?

I've requested Commercial clubs and the board never find any (I have one) so i figured fine I'll get some national feeder sides... they find none. I ask for a work permit and they find none!? So I give up and use the option to hand pick teams I want to help out... they refuse and stick with their parent club who is doing nothing for them?

I'm begining to find this feature frustrating as you can apply like twice a year and I get nobody?

Don't make specific requests.

Just select "request feeder team" and see what comes back.

I also thought if they come back with no options you can ask again a few weeks later.

I also thought if they come back with no options you can ask again a few weeks later.

At most it's about 3 or 4 times in Calendar year. 1 in March/April, 1 in June/July BEFORE the season ends, 1 at the start of the season in July and another in November time. Any rejected requests means you've forfeited that opportunity and you have to wait until the next time.

Generally speaking, there's a bit of a known problem with the Feeder Clubs in FM and specifically requesting a certain type, which is why it's often easier to just request "Any" and the board will usually come back with a selection of Commercial/National/International depending on your circumstances.

It's unlikely you'll get 2 Commercial Feeder clubs though, i've seen World-Class sides have 2 so it's not impossible but it's unlikely, i've never seen any side in my games have 3.

As for specifically choosing a club, you need to bare in mind that the relationship with that club needs to beneficial to Man City. By this i mean: Are the clubs facilities and youth academy any good? An extreme example: Man City will never affiliate with Dagenham in FM because that relationship would be of no benefit to Man City whatsoever. If the club you're trying does have the facilities to be of use to Man City and it's still being rejected, then it's because that clubs reputation is too high and their Chairman doesn't want to form a link. So to sum up, Facilities and Reputation have to be fall within certain brackets to form a link.

Archived