Problems with the "language barrier"

In the ass. man. feedback section, there's often a comment saying, "PLAYER appears to have some problems communicating with other players today because of the language barrier."

Now, in many cases, I can understand this - if you were to bring a Russian to, say, some team in Japan. However, at my A.C. Milan team, it doesn't make any sense. In my current match, it's saying my keeper is having the communication issue. He speaks English and Polish. The rest of my starting XI, by nationality and languages spoken:

GK: American - English, Polish

DR: English - English

DL: Italian - Italian, English, Bulgarian (basic), Czech (basic)

DC: Scottish - English

DC: Spanish - Spanish, English

DMC: Italian - Italian

MR: English - English

ML: Italian - Italian, Bulgarian

AMC: American - English, Spanish, Italian

ST: French - French, Italian (basic)

ST: English - English, Italian

So, of my starting XI, only my DMC, ML, and ST can't speak English. How in the world is my English-speaking keeper going to have problems communicating? I think this needs to be based far more on the make-up of the club, rather than the nation the team plays in.

It's January, I signed him in July, so no, he hasn't been here very long, but he's started every match in all competitions. In any event, I would say that would fit in better with the "blending into the squad," rather than the language barrier.

You should give it some time. I don't think the amount of matches he has played really matters in this. I also think that the game looks at the country your club is in: he can speak English but to fit in in an Italian club, he should be able to speak Italian... although almost everyone can speak English.

At least, that's what I think about it...

You should give it some time. I don't think the amount of matches he has played really matters in this. I also think that the game looks at the country your club is in: he can speak English but to fit in in an Italian club, he should be able to speak Italian... although almost everyone can speak English.

At least, that's what I think about it...

Oh, I'm not saying this is a bug or anything. But this team would, in all likelihood, speak English on the field, since it's the most common language among the XI, so I think it's a minor thing that could be looked at and perhaps altered in the future.

I didn't mean to pass it off as a bug at all. I had an Arabian worldclass defender in my squad, played every game, stayed wtih me for 6 years till the big money tempted me too much... never spoke the basic language and every time the ass man told me he had trouble blending in because of the language barriere.

I'm unsure if they can solve this one so quickly because you're an Italian team while most speak English. I would guess it's the personality (and hidden attributes) of your goalie that create the problem, not the coding of the game (though a bit of tweaking should make it a bit better I think).

Archived