An oversight on loan players???

Having won promotion to League One with Shrewsbury Town, I find myself guaranteed a play off postion going in to the last game of the season.

The problem I have is that my top four performing players, 2 strikers, 1 defensive midfielder and a left winger, are all players I have on loan for a season and they are due to return to their clubs after my final league match.

Does this mean that I will go in to the play offs without them or will I be able to extend their loan period to cover the play offs?

Having won promotion to League One with Shrewsbury Town, I find myself guaranteed a play off postion going in to the last game of the season.

The problem I have is that my top four performing players, 2 strikers, 1 defensive midfielder and a left winger, are all players I have on loan for a season and they are due to return to their clubs after my final league match.

Does this mean that I will go in to the play offs without them or will I be able to extend their loan period to cover the play offs?

In previous versions I've often been in the position where I've lost loan players on the morning of the final day of the season. Very annoying. I'm not sure that this has been changed for FM08.

I'm fairly certain that you cannot extend the loans as the "free transfer window" for English clubs closes while tournaments enter their final phase.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by footynut:

Does this mean that I will go in to the play offs without them or will I be able to extend their loan period to cover the play offs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just look at the player profile and it shows the date the loan ends.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottishSteven:

They end up staying until your season ends mate. I had the same thing, were I had that message before the league ended, then during the semi's, then again after the final.

Don't worry about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, you're right, the players stay with you and the date for their return shifts on the calender to the day after your next game.

Archived