Lack of reserve/U18 League in Italy

Im in a long term game playing as Inter right now. I noticed a few seasons ago that both my reserves and U18 werent involved in any league and as such had no fixtures. This is a royal pain in the ass for my younger and back up players and fitness etc. Is there something Ive missed that has seen me kicked out? I dont remember ever rejecting the chance to play in them. Is there any way to get back in?

In Italy, you should have an Under-20s League - I think you're automatically entered.

There is no Reserves league - you're supposed to loan out, sell rights (co-ownership) or sell players that are too old for the Under-20s, although the Under-20s League has provisions allowing you to field a limited number of overage players (presumably to help players in the first-team get fitness again).

Yeah, even when I'm in England, I turn down any invitation to a reserve league.

Friendlies are much better for 1st team fitness :thup:

I have my doubts over any benefits your fringe players get in a reserve league set-up anyway.

In Italy I arrange the friendly for Monday. The player(s) is then match fit for the next weekend; possibly even to sit on the bench in a midweek game.

In a reserve league, your players would just not have the same level of fitness for the next weekend matchday

Im in a long term game playing as Inter right now. I noticed a few seasons ago that both my reserves and U18 werent involved in any league and as such had no fixtures. This is a royal pain in the ass for my younger and back up players and fitness etc. Is there something Ive missed that has seen me kicked out? I dont remember ever rejecting the chance to play in them. Is there any way to get back in?

I think it's a bug, maybe your savegame is glitched.

Try wait until next season, if still doesn't appear then there's nothing you can do.

There is definitely an u20 league that is automatic. No entry required.

Very odd.

You should have an U20 league (allowed 2 overage players).

Not having a reserve league is an absolute gift. I don't understand people not liking it. It's great for having your players at the top of their fitness.

About 20 seasons into a career game in Italy and thats the first I have heard of overage players in u20's. Do'h

About 20 seasons into a career game in Italy and thats the first I have heard of overage players in u20's. Do'h

LOL

It can come in handy sometimes.

I like to keep a bare squad in the U20s, 15-17 y/os, ones with good potential.

But sometimes a loan offer will come in unexpectedly that I want to take up, leaving me without a player fot a certain position. Then all that needs done is to put in an old player who I'm just retaining for a future staff role or tutoring.

Under-20s feels a lot more natural than Under-18s too, because you're guaranteed to get a good number of games at that awkward age of 19-20 (not everyone gets to go on loan at 19 in England, for example).

Archived