All 'Free Transfers' shown in game?

Right now this is probably going to confuse a couple of people out there, so ill try to explain the problem via how it was done in CM 01/02

In 01/02 I could 'search' for a player and in that search type 'No Club'.... this would give me a list of every single player that had been loaded via the database that was without a club (basically a Free Transfer).

Ranging from say Mick Mikkeson from the Faroes to Taribo West of Nigeria.... it had everyone, no matter what team I was, or what league I played in.

----

Now in FM09 when I do a player search and change the filters to ignore ass'man, contract status unattached.... the only 'Free Transfers' I get are those that are in my area... so if im a Welsh team, id get English, Welsh and a smattering of British players... + the famous free transfers ie Edgar Davids.

But as my game includes say the Spanish, German, Dutch leagues etc - their free transfers should be included too (Large DB), but they are not there to search through?

So my question is, how do I (When a game is loaded) get a list of every single player in that game who is without a club? No matter who I am and what league I play in.

It has to be possible.... it was my bread and butter for finding bargains in 01/02.

I think it has something to do with your clubs scouting knowledge.

hmm I thought that could have something to do with it.... anyway to get around that, without using the editor?

I understand that this is in place to keep the game realistic, but I love sifting through all the frees.

I think the only way would be to sign new scouts with a broader knowledge.

I always sign at least one south american and one central european scout when I take over a club ( if the board allow it )

Archived