Looking for Speedy Resolution...

...how!?!? One of my quality players is constantly being targeted for transfer by other clubs, but I don't want to sell him. So I keep giving it some 'give hands off warning' action but they keep coming.

So then the player says he's looking for a speedy resolution from his agent (who I never hear off...for that matter, does anyone hear from the agents?)

So how do I resolve the matter without selling him? I want to tell him that he's not going anywhere, he's a great player we're the club for him...blah blah blah....but I can't!

If this keeps happening then he'll become unsettled, start playing badly, I'll drop him, he'll become unhappy and want to leave. So I'll sell him...which is what I could have done right at the beginning of this path - it doesn't seem like I have an option to go down a different path.

Suggestions please!

First things first, don't respond to the media speculation. I find if you don't respond then it sometimes stops the player becoming unsettled because you haven't commented on the transfer rumour. If however he does become unsettled, try offering him a new contract - that will improve his happiness of being at your club.

P.S You never hear from the agents in FM09, you used to in a previous FM (FM07 I think) when they would send you a video of their client to try and tempt you into signing them.

First things first, don't respond to the media speculation. I find if you don't respond then it sometimes stops the player becoming unsettled because you haven't commented on the transfer rumour. If however he does become unsettled, try offering him a new contract - that will improve his happiness of being at your club.

P.S You never hear from the agents in FM09, you used to in a previous FM (FM07 I think) when they would send you a video of their client to try and tempt you into signing them.

I'll give that a go - but then it makes you think what's the point of having the media interaction in the game if the only way of getting what you want is not to use it!

I'll give that a go - but then it makes you think what's the point of having the media interaction in the game if the only way of getting what you want is not to use it!

I know what you're saying but it can sometimes be effective. I personally don't use it now just incase it causes a bad reaction from the player.

I pretty much ignore all the transfer speculation, rumours and unhappiness. From time to time a player goes and says he wants a bigger challenge, so what. It doesn't seem to affect their performances on the pitch. And rather sooner than later they return to normal. Not perhaps the most realistic approach (both from me and from the game system) but since I haven't experienced any negative effects, why bother?

Archived