No Room For Creativity ?

Im talking about FM in general.

It seems you have to play the exact formation , the exact players , the exact team instructions sliders that the GAME thinks you have to play .

YOU CANNOT PLAY THE GAME USING YOUR INTERPRITATION OR FOOTBALL PHILOSOPHY.

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FAIL.

The teamtalks only have 5 options and if you dont say the exact thing the GAME thinks you should say you will lose.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FIRST HALF PERFORMANCE AND SECOND HALF PERFORMANCE A LOT OF THE TIME IS ASTONISHING AND UNREALISTIC.

you have to say the exact thing in press conferences that the GAME thinks you should say in order to win.

DO PLAYERS IN REAL LIFE EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE MANAGERS PRESS CONFERENCE ??

THE IMPACT SMALL DETAILS HAVE ON YOUR PERFORMANCE IS RIDICULOUS.

There are plenty of other 'problems' I have not mentioned.

Its like cracking a code instead of actually playing a game.

Its lost the 'fun factor' in previous FM games , and I dont mean making it easy would help the fun factor.As it wasnt easy in other FM games and they were fun.

IT FEELS LIKE THE GAME CHEATS.

I cant wait for Championship manager 2010 , it will be the first one I will have bought since the split.

Sorry for the rant , I usually defend FM for my life , but this game has been ruined.

Im talking about FM in general.

It seems you have to play the exact formation , the exact players , the exact team instructions sliders that the GAME thinks you have to play .

YOU CANNOT PLAY THE GAME USING YOUR INTERPRITATION OR FOOTBALL PHILOSOPHY.

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FAIL.

The teamtalks only have 5 options and if you dont say the exact thing the GAME thinks you should say you will lose.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FIRST HALF PERFORMANCE AND SECOND HALF PERFORMANCE A LOT OF THE TIME IS ASTONISHING AND UNREALISTIC.

you have to say the exact thing in press conferences that the GAME thinks you should say in order to win.

DO PLAYERS IN REAL LIFE EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE MANAGERS PRESS CONFERENCE ??

THE IMPACT SMALL DETAILS HAVE ON YOUR PERFORMANCE IS RIDICULOUS.

There are plenty of other 'problems' I have not mentioned.

Its like cracking a code instead of actually playing a game.

Its lost the 'fun factor' in previous FM games , and I dont mean making it easy would help the fun factor.As it wasnt easy in other FM games and they were fun.

IT FEELS LIKE THE GAME CHEATS.

I cant wait for Championship manager 2010 , it will be the first one I will have bought since the split.

Sorry for the rant , I usually defend FM for my life , but this game has been ruined.

I don't understand the point of a team talk. Whenever I go to my Assistant Manager to check what effect it had- no-one is listening. What is the point in having a team-talk option when they never LISTEN?

Fix it so that they listen, I doubt that in a CL Final players ignore their manager.

I feel your pain. You are right, but for the wrong reasons - the game doesn't cheat, because if you know what you're doing, you can inflict the problems you have mentioned on your post onto the AI.

Doesn't make it any better though.

I kinda agree. Not always but often it feels as if the player is forced to figure out the very strange and unintuitive game system. Instead of acting and deciding things like a football manager. Which can be fun sometimes but ultimately not what one wants or expects from a managerial simulation I suppose. It doesn't make the game unplayable, in fact it can be figured out and success can be gained. It just seems we are tinkering around with a very limited and sometimes unrealistic system of random values, trying to guess numbers and settings instead of doing actual 'manageresque' decisions with 'footballesque' impact.

Teamtalks I agree with, tactics I don't. Once you know exactly what each slider does in relation to others, you don't need to have them exactly right to win, they just need to make sense. Of course, the tactics could and should be far more user-friendly, so you don't need to spend an hour or two going through a thread on a forum to work this out.

Archived