liverpool - United etc

Now that Man United have two of the 3 best scousers ( no. 1 + 3 ) playing for them do you think that fm should have fiercer rivalries?

- i.e in my Man Utd saves past and present I have NEVER received any digs from liverpool or everton managers/players whereas in real life there are digs mind games on an almost weekly basis.

I can understand the current situation regarding press comments in fm when it is between a rivalry between arsenal and tottenham - there is hardly any comments from wenger to the various spurs managers, however with teams that are regularly challenging each other for silverware i do feel it should be more heated.

Something like this -

Player X has taken over Man Utd

rafa benitez " Player x`s appointment smacks of desperation and a publicity stunt and this will be our year"

Player X " Your year?? again???? really??? last 19 years you been saying that - Park Ji Sung has more medals in his career than steven gerrard "

rafa benitez " If i comment on an oppenents team all the time I would never have a chance to manage my own team, Il let Player X have his rants whilst I manage"

Now I understand this could only be done for really heated rivalries where negative comments are regularly made to the press ( Utd - liverpool, Lazio -Roma, Chelsea - liverpool, Rangers - Celtic etc ) but I feel it would add more than it currently does. With the above example steven gerrard would be more determined to have digs at me and possibly cause negative/positive reactions from his team mates. And my fans spokesmen would say that the fans have taken to me much more.

Do others think that major rivalries could and should be intensified more than regular rivalries that we have in the game now?

its usually because ferguson is the one that initiates it. I'm playing as liverpool and every time i'm about to play man utd he'll have a dig at me. It's ok though because it usually makes my players determined to prove him wrong and we go out there and wipe the floor with them.

its not just "a little stale" its completely unusable from it being so boring after the first season - the majority of players just ignore it completely when it should be one of the most fun parts of the game

Player X " Your year?? again???? really??? last 19 years you been saying that - Park Ji Sung has more medals in his career than steven gerrard "

By far the best quote iv EVER read!!!! come on Park lad you show Gerrard what winning trophies is all about

Um, why does Rooney and Owen being Everton fans affect them playing for Manchester United? Rooney doesn't even have Liverpool FC connections.

I think rivalries, especially in Britain, are thinning. Nobody comments when Reading sign an Oxford striker, or when they sell him to Swindon.

Archived