A bug in Board confidence?????

I have noticed that towards the end of the season (when I have won everything) the board is delighted with my performance. But when the new season starts, the confidence drops to pleased or even "satisfied" only! Why is that so? Is this a bug? Have anyone experienced the same problem. I have also not made any request to the board but have dealt in the transfer market by selling some of my players.

Please help!

Yeah, this definitely needs to be looked at in FM09. There has also been gripes with Cup losses e.gg Losing to Chelsea in the FA Cup 3rd Round when you're expected to reach the 4th Round. They don't take into account the quality of opposition. Also, youth signings for the future slagged off after a couple of mediocre appearances. A lot of people have called for this to be sorted out because,IMO, it is a very good feature.

I guess the game isn't allowing you to benefit from previous glories. Not sure how realistic that is? I suppose doing well would possibly cut you some slack for a year or so, but sooner or later the fans/board would be on your back no matter how well you had previously managed.

Originally posted by Tim Madisun:

I guess the game isn't allowing you to benefit from previous glories. Not sure how realistic that is? I suppose doing well would possibly cut you some slack for a year or so, but sooner or later the fans/board would be on your back no matter how well you had previously managed.

That means that this is NOT realistic at all! I hope SI does something about this!

It is not that its unrealistic. You have cases such as Bayern Munich and Barcelona where the managers were under pressure (and ultimately lost their jobs) after an unsuccessful season even though they had previously been very successful. The present confidence system prevents managers at big clubs to wade through a season of poor performance thanks to their previous successes. However the problem with this feature is that all the clubs are painted with the same brush. So if you take a club like Wigan Athletic or Derby County to successive league titles, the board sets a higher expectation and your job is in trouble if you fail to achieve them. Hopefully in future versions, the chairman attributes, club reputation and the clubs' past performances in say last five or seven seasons will be taken into account before setting up long term expectations.

What?? A Board Confidence bug? That can't be.

I found the best way to deal with board confidence - Cover the screen with your hand and press the continue button.

This way I don't have to see how my new signing who just got ratings of 7,6,7 is a "poor piece of business". Or how the board is disappointed with my performance after 10 games into a 46 game season if I'm a point or two off where I'm supposed to be.

Board Confidence rots.

Hehe, yeah, its well broke. Very good feature, but its just ridiculous sometimes...my board happened to be dissappointed with me because 14 wins from 14 games only had me equal on points with Barcelona and not ahead of them icon_razz.gif

A problem with board confidence? Never heard of that. Maybe I should do a search or something?

Go back to your day job\school\college\university you'll never make it as a comic! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived