Lowest ranked teams winning major tournaments

Grey teams again?

I once had an FM07 game where Ireland won the World Cup (early on in the game) and John O'Shea was voted third-best player of the tournament and Conor McCormack (formerly Manchester United, now Triestina) second-best. Very weird.

I wouldn't say that, I mean Australia, Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran and South Korea are much, much better national sides than Iraq. It was definetly a surprise. Even sides like Bahrain and Kuwait would normally beat Iraq.

For FM2010 I'll give it a go, right now I'm still with FM08 and slowly dismantling England, I've got Kent and Cornwall active as nations (but Cornwall are completely useless so I threw in Plymouth) and created a Kent League (with Charlton and Palace thrown in, and a special team with top rep.). Kent always shoot up the rankings, Cornwall are always useless.

I wouldn't say that, I mean Australia, Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran and South Korea are much, much better national sides than Iraq. It was definetly a surprise. Even sides like Bahrain and Kuwait would normally beat Iraq.

Not saying it was not a suprise, but Greece were by far one of the most unexpected teams in the competition to win it, maybe the most unexpected, however Iraq were not down as the most unexpected, they were not expected to win it, but they had more of a chance in my book than Greece in 2004.

For FM2010 I'll give it a go, right now I'm still with FM08 and slowly dismantling England, I've got Kent and Cornwall active as nations (but Cornwall are completely useless so I threw in Plymouth) and created a Kent League (with Charlton and Palace thrown in, and a special team with top rep.). Kent always shoot up the rankings, Cornwall are always useless.

right ok...

Archived