Help!!!

Annoyingly whilst im playing FM09 a message appears saying 'Football Manager has run out of memory and will now quit' and the game shuts down. Whenever i attempt to watch a match in 3D the same message appears, is this something to do with my graphics card??? I get to half time in 2D view and the message appears again! This means i have to go on 'holiday mode' each machday just to make sure the game doesnt shut down!!! Can anyone help please and advise me on how to fix the problem, thank you!

• Administrators

I would suggest running the 9.3 patch if you haven't already and also making sure you don't have many other programs running in the background. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Sounds like either you dont have enough ram or your graphics card is not good enough to run the 3D. To find out how much ram you have right click on the my computer icon on your desktop and select properties from the small menu. A screen will pop up telling you how much memory(Ram) you have. Post back and tell us what it says and tell us what graphics card you have if you know this.

thanks for the reply it says: Size: 104 bytes and size on disc 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes) is this what you were after? I have no idea what graphics card i have is there a way of finding this out? Thanks for the help appreciate it!

Do this to find out RAM

1. Go to My Computer

2. Click Run and type in dxdiag

3. On the first tab at the bottom there should be a button saying Save All Information Click it.

4. Save the info in someplace you remenber then copy first 12 lines and paste here.

I had a similar problem with what I thought was RAM more suggestions here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=128378

thank you for your reply appreciate it, here is the information you requested. thanks.

Time of this report: 7/6/2009, 13:22:40

Machine name: RHYSGRIFFITHS

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.090206-1239)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: Equium L20

BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Processor: Intel® Celeron® M processor 1.40GHz

Memory: 190MB RAM

Page File: 746MB used, 6MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Memory: 190MB RAM

Page File: 746MB used, 6MB available

These two bits are your problem, but mainly the 1st one (which is causing the second one). You are probably below the minimum specification for FM09.

sorry to sound a novice but how can i go about changing this problem so that i can play fm without any interruptions? id rather 2d view on matches anyway so it doesnt matter if my graphics card doesnt support the 3d view!! thank you for the reply!

• Administrators

Also bear in mind though, if you're struggling with memory there is every chance your graphics card isn't up to scratch either - I would check both out to be honest.

Archived