Do youngsters get taller?

Just wondering if players actually get taller, its something i have never noticed or looked into.

I signed a 14yr old who is 5ft 4inches and im hoping he will get taller and put on a few pounds.

That means that a 16 yo that i have in my academy might grow taller still. He currently stands at a massive 197cm :eek:

That means he's 6 foot 4 so he probably won't grow much taller but he'll probably get more muscular and develop that way.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm sure stretching is one of the best grow taller exercises around. This is because stretching causes the body to produce human growth hormones called EIGs (exercise induced growth hormones). EIGs result from catecholamines, acid-base balance, nitric oxide, and lactate. Nitric oxide and lactate especially increase height. Human growth hormones harden cartilage, strengthen bones and make you grow taller.

just visit http://growingtallerstretches.com/

I'm sure stretching is one of the best grow taller exercises around. This is because stretching causes the body to produce human growth hormones called EIGs (exercise induced growth hormones). EIGs result from catecholamines, acid-base balance, nitric oxide, and lactate. Nitric oxide and lactate especially increase height. Human growth hormones harden cartilage, strengthen bones and make you grow taller.

just visit http://growingtallerstretches.com/

What an odd first post!

Anyway, yes they do grow - or they did on FM10 anyway. It's usually no more than 2 inches though.

Height is purely cosmetic, anyway, so it's not really a big deal if he grows or not. (No pun intended :D )

It's a compliment to jumping... you have 2 guys that have a jump of 12 and one is 6'4 the other 5'10, who's more likely to win a header.

But I'd say there's likely an element of randomness if players grow or not just like irl. Like I hit 5'10" by 15, never grew another inch. If SI did it in a good way then when a player is generated it would give them a max height/weight and starting height/weight, then they'd grow to their max at some random time.

It's not cosmetic - as hright increases, the jumping attribute will increase.

I installed a small file from the Greek FM site with younger players. It's got Zidane's 13 year old son, but also a few very young unknowns with decent PA. I've signed a few 13 and 14 year olds, and even a 10 year old DC. I'll let you know in a few years if they grew!

It's a compliment to jumping... you have 2 guys that have a jump of 12 and one is 6'4 the other 5'10, who's more likely to win a header.

They would both have exactly the equal chance of winning, based solely on that attribute. However, aggression and determination, positioning and anticipation could have an effect on this.

Jumping has nothing to do with height, in theory. If you imagine it like this.....

20 jumping = jumping to the height of 7 foot. So if you're 5 foot 5 inches, and have 20 jumping, you can jump as high as 7 foot. If you're 6 foot 5 inches, and have 20 jumping, you can still only jump as high as 7 foot.

They would both have exactly the equal chance of winning, based solely on that attribute. However, aggression and determination, positioning and anticipation could have an effect on this.

Jumping has nothing to do with height, in theory. If you imagine it like this.....

20 jumping = jumping to the height of 7 foot. So if you're 5 foot 5 inches, and have 20 jumping, you can jump as high as 7 foot. If you're 6 foot 5 inches, and have 20 jumping, you can still only jump as high as 7 foot.

By that reasoning then being taller would mean a higher jump stat base because if you only have to jump 5 inches then it's going to be easier. However you want to go about it height and jump go hand in hand. tell me the last time you saw someone that was 5'3" and had a jump above 10.

I was using that to explain to you exactly how it works.

Someone 5"3 probably wont have a jump stat higher than 10, because they can't reach that height, but it's not an exact science that Height = Jump.

But in short, the taller you are, the higher your jumping attribute.

Jumping increases while height apparantly doesn't.

You can train jumping... but height provides a base for the stat. So once they stop growing you can train jumping higher, but a shorter player won't be as good in the air as a taller player. At least not if there is significant height difference, and inch here or there doesn't count.

Again, what was the last time you saw a player 5'8" or less with a good jumping stat?

You can train jumping... but height provides a base for the stat. So once they stop growing you can train jumping higher, but a shorter player won't be as good in the air as a taller player. At least not if there is significant height difference, and inch here or there doesn't count.

Again, what was the last time you saw a player 5'8" or less with a good jumping stat?

Yep. I know that.

Atleast the researchers use this theory. Do regens follow this too?

Archived