[FM08] Does your ingame character actually die of old age?

I saw a thread last year about someone in China who got about 200 years into the future, but I don't know if he holidayed that save or not.

EDIT: or whether he kept the same manager that whole time

I've seen people post screenshots on here of managers age turning to a negative figure when it hits a certain number. Might well have been about 128, which from my limited programming knowledge is the highest possible number in an 8-bit code, which is why it reverses. Same as the £2bn in the bank turning negative really.

Including mandatory death in the game would just be silly. What's to stop an enthusiastic forty year old manager from being run down by a car? ;)

Can you imagine if SI included this into the game? It could be funny and humiliating

I saw a thread last year about someone in China who got about 200 years into the future, but I don't know if he holidayed that save or not.

EDIT: or whether he kept the same manager that whole time

*snort* :D

Could you imagine what that would be like? A 200yr old chap in a care home, sat in the lounge watching Last Of The Summer Wine, with an oxygen mask strapped to his face. "Today... we'll... go... with... a... 4... 1... 2... 1... 2... with... a... holding... defensive... midfielder... and..." *croak*.

I pity the poor devil when he's got to do press conferences, saying the same thing over and over again. Speaking of which, I like your location status, Wills. ;)

*snort* :D

Could you imagine what that would be like? A 200yr old chap in a care home, sat in the lounge watching Last Of The Summer Wine, with an oxygen mask strapped to his face. "Today... we'll... go... with... a... 4... 1... 2... 1... 2... with... a... holding... defensive... midfielder... and..." *croak*.

Of course in another 165 years time we may be somewhat better at staying alive.

I pity the poor devil when he's got to do press conferences, saying the same thing over and over again.
Ah, it'd be a breeze. Old people do that anyway. :D

Archived