[Rant]I'm really bored and fed up of all this[/Rant]

Okay, so i try to never complain, it just doesn't fit me. But after having this happen a MILION times, i just can't keep it anymore, i need to yell, yell yell and yell!

I made a pretty good team on first season with Hoffenheim, but i just can't seem to win games, despite out-playing the opposition and dominating full time.

Here are the pictures as facts below, for all you "it's your tactics" whiners, PLEASE do tell me the specific part i should tweak and/or change in order to have my very good strikers actually learn the meaning of SCORE, especially at one on one, because i have noticed they have forgot it. (My strikers: Ibisevic, Lewandowski, Obiasi, Kone, Paloschi)

(The examples below are just the LAST 4 matches in a row, i have more from this season alone, not to mention others)

shit1.jpg

shit2.jpg

shit3.jpg

shit4.jpg

xonnk, based on your match report, I have found that you have overlooked one of the main aspects which I think is the most important thing in football, that is your passing. You have a low passes completed which means the opponents will exploit this weakness and score against you even only with single chance.

You have done pretty well in creating goalscoring opportunities and keeping the ball possession even against the side of Bayern Munich, but without proper passing your team just couldn't link together. They may just play a long ball to the front which is crowded with lots of opponent players and your frontmen failed to get it. So, setting up your team passing is a major threat to your opponents and at the same time you overcome your weakness from being exploited by the opponents.

So, I would suggest (assuming you are using 4-4-2),

1) Last notch of short passing for DR/L and DC's, last notch of little for creative freedom for DC's while DR/L with the CF of 9th or 10th notch or higher (as you may want your DR/L to be attacking).

2) Wingers with 1st notch of mixed passing. Try to have a MCd and give him high mixed passing while another MC with 1st notch of direct passing. You may keep your own creative freedom for those mentioned in number 2).

TRY TO HAVE A MC WITH MIXED OR RARELY FORWARD RUN TO SUPPORT YOUR TWO DC'S.

3) 1st notch of direct passing for less attacking ST while high mixed for the other ST.

4) Mixed timewasting, last few notch of wide and 1st or 2nd notch of quick tempo.

I hope this could help and I would like to see your feedback. Good luck.

its your team talks or press conferences.

they are what decide you win or draw/ draw or lose

i honestly think their impact should be lowered for future FM's because if you had a shitty team talk your team will not score even if your tactics are perfect.

I'm usually one to comment on the injustices of this game, but I can't see it in this case. In most of your examples, the AI created better chances than you. You may have had more shots on target but I'd obviously take one 1v1 versus a half-dozen shots from 30 yards out.

Also, as someone else mentioned, your passing is pretty shocking at times. 53% vs Bayern? This is the one game where you should not be giving the ball away but from that statistic, it suggests that you are just hoofing the ball up the field and gifting them back possession.

you need midfielders who can actually hold onto the ball and their passing rate is alot better than obviously the players you have already got. And just maybe playing the long ball tactic doesn't suit your team.

xonnk, based on your match report, I have found that you have overlooked one of the main aspects which I think is the most important thing in football, that is your passing. You have a low passes completed which means the opponents will exploit this weakness and score against you even only with single chance.

You have done pretty well in creating goalscoring opportunities and keeping the ball possession even against the side of Bayern Munich, but without proper passing your team just couldn't link together. They may just play a long ball to the front which is crowded with lots of opponent players and your frontmen failed to get it. So, setting up your team passing is a major threat to your opponents and at the same time you overcome your weakness from being exploited by the opponents.

1) Last notch of short passing for DR/L and DC's, last notch of little for creative freedom for DC's while DR/L with the CF of 9th or 10th notch or higher (as you may want your DR/L to be attacking).

2) Wingers with 1st notch of mixed passing. Try to have a MCd and give him high mixed passing while another MC with 1st notch of direct passing. You may keep your own creative freedom for those mentioned in number 2).

3) 1st notch of direct passing for less attacking ST while high mixed for the other ST.

4) Mixed timewasting, last few notch of wide and 1st or 2nd notch of quick tempo.

Okay, i will work into that based on your suggestions and let you know after a couple matches. Thank you.

Its difficult to tell from just the stats screen without having watched the game (Especially no details of goal times or types) but my thoughts - general impression rather than specific slider details.

Cottbus game

A fairly typical game, you as the home side had more possession and tested the opposition GK more while they played a defensive counter attacking game. They were lucky to score twice while you possibly did deserve two goals on balance of most stats. The area of concern in this game is the amount of CCCs you created - only one. You probably played an attacking game with the focus of your tactics being players looking to get the ball forward fairly quickly and having shots. They sat back and soaked up the attacks forcing your team to shoot from less than ideal positions. Your team I suspect would have benefited from more patient possession working the ball to create better shooting chances.

Bochum game

Fairly similar game as above. More possession and chances while your opponents sat back and counter attacked (possibly due to an early first goal?). You created no CCCs mostly due to your rushed attacking play but partially also due to your team passing the ball badly in this game (maybe just generally, maybe because you asked them to play more direct).

Wolfsburg game

The one you deserved to win. I suspect both teams played a direct, fast attacking game focusing on getting the ball wide early before crossing (passing % being lowish but similar while cross completion was good for both teams). An end to end match where you were the slightly better side and deserved to edge the game. Depending on when and the order of the goals you could have perhaps slowed the game down and restricted their chances if you had the lead at some stage.

Bayern game

See the Cottbus game again - Bayern came to defend and counter attack and the match could have gone either way. You only created one CCC and your passing was abysmal. Again more patient buildup and waiting for better opportunities would have improved your chances.

CCC's desprately need to be improved. In some games your Shots / Shots on target ratio isn't very good. Maybe both would be improved if you reduced the frequency of long shots for your players. This might mean instead of missing the target with a long shot they put a through ball to someone else, creating a CCC.

its your team talks or press conferences.

they are what decide you win or draw/ draw or lose

Do they really :confused:

the AI created better chances than you.
They also seem to create more "clear cut chances" than you.
your team has lower passing % and fewer CCC's. Nothing unusual about having lost those matches.

Exactly.

Long shots get mentioned a lot in these type of threads and have been again here but this isn't always the problem.

Take a situation where a ST makes a run and gets a diagonal ball played through to him. The ball is slightly heavy and forces him wide, a defender is closing him down and the GK is narrowing the angle for the shot. With more attacking orders he takes the shot even though its a half chance at best, while with more patient orders he decides to wait for a better opportunity and either plays it wide for the winger to cross, squares his for his strike partner of lays it off for a midfielder running onto it.

Its a question of achieving a balance which isn't easy.

1) Last notch of short passing for DR/L - is this the last notch before the passing becomes mixed or the most left notch, minimum?

1) Last notch of short passing for DR/L - is this the last notch before the passing becomes mixed or the most left notch, minimum?

Fullbacks need more direct passing so they can play balls down the wing.

Putting their passing to short will restrict them to passing square balls to MCs or DCs and then if they get put under pressure they will just clear it up the field.

Just looked at my own tactics and I have the following for a balanced tactic:

Fullbacks: Low direct passing with low normal mentality so I allow them to make longer passes but only when they feel that they have a good chance of completing the pass.

To go more attacking I up the mentality so they try riskier balls forward but perhaps lowering the passing slightly depending on the opposition.

To go more defensive I lower the mentality but up the passing to a long ball so they clear the ball forward in the direction of a ST or winger.

Well, i listened to Nevrin's suggestions, and based on them. It has brought me great results.

I won 2-0 against Bielfeld, 3-1 away to HSV, despite not having the possession i used to and so many shots, i seem to be very lethal now.

Thanks for all the help.

The problem with FM is that the game has been made so ridiculously complicated with more and more stats' date=' attributes and hidden stuff that people are justifying every result and problems people have with the game.[/quote']

Not true here though is it? Simple suggestion of clear cut chances and poor pass completion.

But what was causing it? How could it be fixed? All the details..

Well without seeing the actual tactics I'm not certain. However, others have have logical solutions. It doesn't take a genious. Some people are impatient and blame the game. Others experiment and take the time to think about tactics.

HA, na mate your just unlucky. Its not your tactics if your raping Bayern like that.

edit: ya his passing complete is low...so what? I've won leagues (like league 2) with average of 60% passing comp, due to long ball game.

Edit: how anyone cna look at those Bayern stats and try and explain it as tactical naivety is beyond me. He battered them and got massively unlucky, this no doubt will effect his next match. I've got not problem with 'luck' (its not luck since computers are incapable of doing random but luck is the easiest word for it) effecting the game btw.

Xonnk, did your team have higher percentage of passes completed after the couple of games you have play?

Can you post your screenshots of two games against Bielefield and Hamburg? And also your team instruction screenshot so that we have more information to solve your problem.

In modern football the fullbacks have more tasks besides defending. So, Cougar 2010's suggestion of direct passing for the fullbacks is useful as well, depends on how your team plays.

My suggestion of giving the fullbacks of short passing instruction is to decrease the possibility of losing possession. Therefore I don't set my back four to HUB in order to avoid that they keep the ball for too long and play a long ball up front without any direction.

Xonnk, did your team have higher percentage of passes completed after the couple of games you have play?

Can you post your screenshots of two games against Bielefield and Hamburg? And also your team instruction screenshot so that we have more information to solve your problem.

In modern football the fullbacks have more tasks besides defending. So, Cougar 2010's suggestion of direct passing for the fullbacks is useful as well, depends on how your team plays.

My suggestion of giving the fullbacks of short passing instruction is to decrease the possibility of losing possession. Therefore I don't set my back four to HUB in order to avoid that they keep the ball for too long and play a long ball up front without any direction.

win1.jpg

win2.jpg

win3.jpg

teaminst.jpg

The team instruction doesn't have much importance though, right? Since the players have most of those instructions set on a personal level anyway.

True as the important one are tempo, width time wasting and defensive line.

You may

1) reduce the time wasting to the lowest or minimum of mixed.

2) put your defensive line as high as your DC's mentality

3) How many players with often forward run you have? If everyone run forward, then your DMC will find it hard to link with your AMC and frontmen.

You may have forward run mixed for DMC and AMC.

4) change your focus passing to mixed as if you play at short pitch, attack from the side may be ceased by the opponents.

Just a few suggestions which you may consider to do, it is up to you if you satisfied with recent performance. :-) Good luck.

Archived