Tell me what's wrong with this picture

The same thing thats wrong with the hundreds of other pictures with the same problem as yours that have been posted:rolleyes:

Well get a mod to close it then. I'd never seen this playing a CM/FM game.

Why have you ended up with so many games to fit in at the end of the season? Did you have lots of cup games during the middle period?

I had to play 6 champions league qualifiers + Belarusian Cup games, add to that the Belarusian League inexplicably changed from a 26 game season to a 44 game season. The league ends in October so all the games have been crammed in. Currently 7 points behind BATE with EIGHT games in hand - think I'll find a new league...

Ah well that explains alot.

I played about 10 seasons as Dinamo Minsk on FM08 and the cups and qualifiers were a bit of a squeeze but the domestic league season only had 30 games iirc. I'm really suprised its shot up to 44 games in your game - is that true to life or a massive bug?

Ah well that explains alot.

I played about 10 seasons as Dinamo Minsk on FM08 and the cups and qualifiers were a bit of a squeeze but the domestic league season only had 30 games iirc. I'm really suprised its shot up to 44 games in your game - is that true to life or a massive bug?

I'm not sure if its a bug tbh, but I've played three seasons now and the structure has changed each time. First season had 30 games, 2nd had 26 and now 44. Its a pity as I'd been enjoying the save up to that point. Initially I was a bit miffed when I noticed I had to play BATE a day after Khimik - then the full horror revealed itself!

Looking at this Wiki link it seems that they have reduced it down to 14 teams for this season. But there is no mention of it then expanding again. How is the league structured with the 44 games i.e. how many teams are there and how often do they play? (this is more out of interest - i know it doesn't help your OP!)

Looking at this Wiki link it seems that they have reduced it down to 14 teams for this season. But there is no mention of it then expanding again. How is the league structured with the 44 games i.e. how many teams are there and how often do they play? (this is more out of interest - i know it doesn't help your OP!)

From memory I think its a 12 team league with 4 games against each club, similar to the SPL in that respect.

I had a similar situation myself a few seasons ago, down in the Blue Square Premier. I had a big cup run, and a water-logged pitch on several occasions, which led to a ridiculous fixture pile-up like the OP's. I ended up having to play sub-standard 16-year-olds, as no-one else was fit. Ruined the season for me :(

From memory I think its a 12 team league with 4 games against each club, similar to the SPL in that respect.

If that's the case then thank god we have an end of season split!

Seriously though, the example in this thread and the SPL show that having 12 teams in a laegue is simply unworkable. Too many games if you play each other 4 times. Too few games if you play each other twice and too daft to be playing ghalf the teams 3 times.

The split in the SPL is exciting as it makes the title run-in harder than it might normally be, and at the bottom it makes the relegation a bit more uincertain..

Despite this, it's time to go to a 16 team league (or back to 10)

Sorry to go off-topic!

I agree with you scoot4nat. On my current game i'm in 2013 and have the SPL loaded. Last season Hibs were top by 4 points going into the split - they then proceeded to lose all but one game and came third! To me the split gives the old firm one more chance to claw back the title so i'm not a fan.

I think the problem with the SPL is Rangers and Celtic want to play as many 'money-spinning' games as possible i.e. against each other. The current system suits them quite well.

ot but since it was brought up: As hibs in my last save I got Celtic away for 8 seasons in a row after the split, I thought this was due to fixtures played before the split but one season Id played them twice away and once at home and after the split i played them away again. Then I thought it was to do with league position untill I got Rangers away despite being above them. Seems the game was just screwing me over, I lost the title 3 seasons in a row by 1-2 points, due to Celtic + Rangers away after the split. In real life I'd of murdered whoever drew up the fixtures. I won the league after playing Celtic and Rangers 7 times, losing none. I won by a point. I joined Lyon the next day. SPL is a horrible league (in fm and probably in real life) due to the split.

results.jpg

Managed to do reasonably well despite the daft schedule. 7 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats in 18 days. Won the league by 13 points in the end, albeit we did get humped by Basel in the only game against decent quality.

• 3 weeks later...
I had to play 6 champions league qualifiers + Belarusian Cup games, add to that the Belarusian League inexplicably changed from a 26 game season to a 44 game season. The league ends in October so all the games have been crammed in. Currently 7 points behind BATE with EIGHT games in hand - think I'll find a new league...

I can't stop laughing at how hilarious that must be :D

Obviously a major pain in the rear end if you're playing that league, but hilarious none the less :D

Also, I'm no meteorologist, but 39 degrees C in Belarus?

And not just 39 degrees, but a breezy 39 degrees?

I was going to disagree with you as i thought they might get a hot summer due to its landlocked nature. But then i got this:

Wikipedia

The climate ranges from harsh winters, with average January temperatures at −6 °C (21.2 °F), to cool and moist summers with an average temperature of 18 °C (64 °F)

Archived