Let us tell our players to force yellow cards?

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this should be a feature of the game. It's pretty common nowadays for managers to ask their players to "clean" their yellow card accumulation before an easy game, or to prevent having several players at risk. I know SI are probably reluctant to add any unsporting features to the game, but I for one would like to see more of them for the sake of realism.

I know it happens IRL and I think its very unprofessional of the manager to tell his player to do this but it would add abit more realism to the game. However, it might encourage some people to abuse it and want their players to constantly go out and pick up a yellow hoping for one of those challenges to cause a bad injury to an important player on the opposing team.

I know it happens IRL and I think its very unprofessional of the manager to tell his player to do this but it would add abit more realism to the game. However, it might encourage some people to abuse it and want their players to constantly go out and pick up a yellow hoping for one of those challenges to cause a bad injury to an important player on the opposing team.

Not the way it's done IRL. Players just take forever at taking throw-ins or goal-kicks (I once saw a right-back going to the left side of the field to take a throw-in so he could be yellow carded for taking too long :D).

I would honestly like to see more options like OI's to provoke a certain temperamental player, tackle harder (not more frequently like the current system), etc. You may find it unsporting but they are legitimate options and used IRL.

I like it. The "penalty" could be that that player's dirtiness/professionalism/sportsmanship goes up/down/down as a result, for example. So it's good and all to tell Drogba to get booked, but that will give Drogba the idea that dirtiness is tolerated and he'll go and start being an idiot (as usual).

Not the way it's done IRL. Players just take forever at taking throw-ins or goal-kicks (I once saw a right-back going to the left side of the field to take a throw-in so he could be yellow carded for taking too long :D).

Yeah, I didn't think about the timewasting option. I immediately thought of players crunching other players to pick up a yellow :o

I don't think SI would implement this as it's unprofessional and unsporting behaviour. :thdn:

I like it. The "penalty" could be that that player's dirtiness/professionalism/sportsmanship goes up/down/down as a result, for example. So it's good and all to tell Drogba to get booked, but that will give Drogba the idea that dirtiness is tolerated and he'll go and start being an idiot (as usual).

Well, that's not really the way attributes work in the game. It would rather be that the options would only be effective if a player had the "right" mental attributes (that you mentioned). So a dirty player is likely to be more willing to provoke another player, but that could result in him getting booked or sent off (or the other player head butting him ;)).

Well, that's not really the way attributes work in the game. It would rather be that the options would only be effective if a player had the "right" mental attributes (that you mentioned). So a dirty player is likely to be more willing to provoke another player, but that could result in him getting booked or sent off (or the other player head butting him ;)).

I've seen determiniation/aggression go up/down as a result of discipline.

I wouldn't mind this happening.

I've seen determiniation/aggression go up/down as a result of discipline.

I wouldn't mind this happening.

I guess you are right :o. But the likelihood (or effectiveness) of a player obeying the instruction would still be dependent on the relevant attributes.

I actually suggested this quite a while ago but I think like you said, it won't get added because it's one of the more unsavoury aspects of the game.

I agree, lets say they include this in future releases then next it will be asking players to dive, then crowd violence etc....you get the picture.

I agree, lets say they include this in future releases then next it will be asking players to dive, then crowd violence etc....you get the picture.

And if necessary, SI will not implement these features.

That said, crowd violence has no use whatsoever (diving and deliberate yellow cards have their "uses").

Don't like the idea at all.

Face up to it like a real man - either drop the man for the match before (so for the semi, if trying to avoid suspension in the final), or set up his instructions to minimise his chances of getting booked.

Anyway, you already can encourage a player to get a booking, particularly if he has high aggression/poor tackling - just crank his tackling instructions up to 'hard', get him to man-mark someone and set the team instructions to go in hard on him. Chances are, he'll get his booking.

Don't like the idea at all.

Face up to it like a real man - either drop the man for the match before (so for the semi, if trying to avoid suspension in the final), or set up his instructions to minimise his chances of getting booked.

Anyway, you already can encourage a player to get a booking, particularly if he has high aggression/poor tackling - just crank his tackling instructions up to 'hard', get him to man-mark someone and set the team instructions to go in hard on him. Chances are, he'll get his booking.

So you're saying that in sporting terms, it's better to tell your players to crunch someone to get a yellow card than to waste time? :thdn:

Once again, confusing issues. Forcing yellow cards is something that real life managers tell their players to do, whether you like it or not. Crowd violence has no relation whatsoever with the subject of the topic and diving is very much down to the player's personality (and it should be included in the game). Disliking some aspects of the game doesn't make them any less real or important.

Well its like time-wasting and going in hard on a player, I only do the latter as a way of helping stop a key player (not as a prefered way of playing) and never the former. We all do things differently and if it really is becoming more of a tactical option then its similar to the aforementioned options we already have and just because I wouldn't use it doesn't mean others wouldn't and be denied.

Archived