I still play FM08 \o/

You can post in here about FM08 aswell as FM09 - just put a prefix in the thread title, so people know its for FM08.

For example

New Thread :

[FM08] Who was your best player

Thread Message :

My best player was [insert name here] and [reasons here]

etc.

I still play FM08 \o/

You can post in here about FM08 aswell as FM09 - just put a prefix in the thread title, so people know its for FM08.

For example

New Thread :

[FM08] Who was your best player

Thread Message :

My best player was [insert name here] and [reasons here]

etc.

I uninstalled FM09 a couple of months back and I haven't been playing FM at all lately.

However, just the other day, I reinstalled FM08 and decided to have a look around an old save. The good feelings all started to come back. It runs so quickly, hasn't got all of that 3D malarkey, none of the press conference gimmicks and so on and so forth. I'm tempted to go back to it now, I must say, knowing that I could run a fair few leagues and watch it speed along with no problem at all. Great game, in my opinion, and one of the best in the series. Very playable and addictive.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I was looking through my FM08 tactics and I have a whole bunch of them which I would be happy to send out.

I have tactics sets for:

4-4-2

4-4-1-1

4-2-3-1

4-1-2-3 (i.e. Mourinho formation)

If anyone is interested then send me a PM.

C.

P.S. The tactics are also convertible to FM09 with a few tweaks.

Hellooo i am also an FM08er. There has been a couple of threads for people playing 08 but they seem to die away quite quickly. After playing this game for over a year i think i have finally sussed out the tactical side. Crouchy i think you should you give 08 a proper whirl again, i'm currently playing a game with 6 nations and 17 divisions which is great considering my computer could barely run FM09 at all.

I think the attraction for going back to FM08 is that it is just so laptop friendly, which quite frankly FM09 is not.

Like you, I think I could manage around 20 leagues easily on FM08 (it would cruise) but half the amount was taking ages on the new game.

I've been thinking lately that I have lost the FM magic feeling totally but perhaps it can be revived with a bit of 08. :D

C.

I wish I had FM08 wouldnt mind another go on it and I would love to play FM05 again.

I have a back catalogue consisting of CM4, CM2005, CM2007, CM2008, FM05, FM06, FM07, FM08 and FM09. If you would like, I can post you FM05 for a small fee. I have to charge because please you understand I need the money for my sister's operation on her toe which is been causing her much discomfort.

My address is:

412 Kingston Way

Nigeria

N12 CON

Only the first sentence is true, ofc.

I have a back catalogue consisting of CM4, CM2005, CM2007, CM2008, FM05, FM06, FM07, FM08 and FM09. If you would like, I can post you FM05 for a small fee. I have to charge because please you understand I need the money for my sister's operation on her toe which is been causing her much discomfort.

My address is:

412 Kingston Way

Nigeria

N12 CON

. :D . :D .:p .

I uninstalled FM09 a couple of months back and I haven't been playing FM at all lately.

However, just the other day, I reinstalled FM08 and decided to have a look around an old save. The good feelings all started to come back. It runs so quickly, hasn't got all of that 3D malarkey, none of the press conference gimmicks and so on and so forth. I'm tempted to go back to it now, I must say, knowing that I could run a fair few leagues and watch it speed along with no problem at all. Great game, in my opinion, and one of the best in the series. Very playable and addictive.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I was looking through my FM08 tactics and I have a whole bunch of them which I would be happy to send out.

I have tactics sets for:

4-4-2

4-4-1-1

4-2-3-1

4-1-2-3 (i.e. Mourinho formation)

If anyone is interested then send me a PM.

C.

P.S. The tactics are also convertible to FM09 with a few tweaks.

You know FM08 is the way forward :D

Hellooo i am also an FM08er. There has been a couple of threads for people playing 08 but they seem to die away quite quickly. After playing this game for over a year i think i have finally sussed out the tactical side. Crouchy i think you should you give 08 a proper whirl again, i'm currently playing a game with 6 nations and 17 divisions which is great considering my computer could barely run FM09 at all.

small Mac, my man. Another FM08'er. Fantastic

Personally, I think it is a myth than FM09 is much more difficult tactically. They were both the same for me really.

C.

I disagree here, I struggled tactically on FM09. Maybe it was because of all the other things going against it too...

My address is:

412 Kingston Way

Nigeria

N12 CON

Lol. I have ever CM / FM ever. I sought them out, after buying CM3 for £3 brand new in PC World. I installed the game, and it was just excellent. Took me back to the Glory years of Arsenal, with Wright, Adams, Dixon, Keown, the lot :D

My address is:

412 Kingston Way

Nigeria

N12 CON

Quite clearly a con because no real life football game fan would have CM2005 and CM2007 and CM2008 in their collection! :D

My address is:

412 Kingston Way

Nigeria

N12 CON

I cant find my credit card at the moment will get back to you lol.

Rangers i remember downloading an update from you a few months ago - was pretty good iirc. Will be keeping an eye out for your new one on monday :thup:

Thanks mate, if you get a chance register on the site and post any feedback you have

You know FM08 is the way forward :D

Nep, you'll be pleased to know that I'm back on FM08 for my football management fix, mainly because it runs so smoothly on my laptop.

I uninstalled FM09 a few months back and haven't been playing at all.

However, yesterday I decided to fire up FM08. I have started a new career game with leagues from England, Scotland, Wales, Italy and Brazil loaded. Went on holiday for two years in order to shake things up a little bit. This journeyman game will probably keep me going for quite a while.

I think FM08 is a great version of the game. Quick, responsive and accessible. I don't find myself having to play around issues and minor irritants in FM08. Moreover, the speed of the processing on my laptop, and the general 'feel' of the game as you play, are the main reasons that it is my favourite version of the FM series so far.

C.

Yeah I totally agree mate. I just love the way FM plays. Once I eventually get bored of my Knockbreda save (if I ever do) - I'm going to look into starting a 10 nation career game. Either that, or I might consider picking up a second club in this current save, and seeing if I can do it again.

Yeah I totally agree mate. I just love the way FM plays. Once I eventually get bored of my Knockbreda save (if I ever do) - I'm going to look into starting a 10 nation career game. Either that, or I might consider picking up a second club in this current save, and seeing if I can do it again.

I was thinking about loading in a few more nations but once I start to get around 20 leagues, FM08 gets just that little bit too slow for my liking (I call it 'FM09 one nation speed' :D). I could actually probably manage many more leagues but I seem to have quite a low tolerance for speed. It's my leisure time and I want to press 'continue' and get to the next day as quickly as possible. For these reasons, I tend to go easy on the leagues, favouring quality leagues where I know I want to manage in my career, rather than quantity of leagues, most of which I probably won't actually move to!

Five nations should give me plenty of scope for a long journeyman career game. I've gone with a strong British feel with all leagues from England, Scotland and Wales. My plan is to build up my reputation in those leagues. Then I've picked the top two of Italy, which is always a favourite due to my fascination with Italian football, and then the top two of Brazil, where I don't believe I have ever managed before on FM, for later in my career. Should be fun. It whizzes along on my computer rather nicely. :)

The other nice thing about FM08 is that I find it has both enough depth to keep me interested, and also that it is something that I can pick up and play casually, as and when the feeling takes me, and still get very involved in it despite not having played in a while.

C.

Actually, could do with some advice regarding loading leagues on FM08.

I haven't really loaded many leagues in the past as my computer isn't that brilliant and I've never been quite sure how many I would be 'safe' loading. My laptop is an Intel Dual Core 1.66GHz with 3 GB RAM.

I'm thinking of loading all of the leagues from the following nations: England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, Ireland, Italy, Sweden.

That makes a total of 24 leagues from 7 nations. I'll most likely use a medium database.

Anyone know if this many leagues will be OK on my computer in the long-term? I'm concerned about it slowing down in the future.

The processing time doesn't seem too bad at the start. I went on holiday through a month as a test and it took around 10 minutes.

I'm useless at deciding on leagues etc., so I normally just pick all England. :D But this time I want something different and a good career game to play that will keep my interest long-term.

Has anyone got any advice to help me get the right setup?

Cheers,

C.

Archived