Frustration!

So annoyed that I'm tempted to post it as a bug...

It's 2021 and I'm Benfica, having won the Champions League for the last 6 years in a row and the league title every year for the last 10 years.

A promising young striker available from one of my affiliates (Xerez) flags up as only having a 5mill buy out clause and looks well worth the money and I'm in the market for a striker

So I make the offer and the bid is accepted along with about 25 other clubs who see the potential. All the big names are there, R madrid, Barca, Man Utd and me.

He wants as a minimum a squad status of backup and £13,000 a week.

I offer A Key Role in my team (which he would get due to little other competition for places) on £50,000 a week and a 5mill signing on fee.

He chooses to go to Zaragoza (not a previously favoured club) for £19,000 a week and they put him straight in their reserves...

/rage

Jesus, surely that is just wrong on all levels. :eek:

Did the Zaragoza manager praise him alot previous to the transfer? Was the manager on the players favoured personnel or were any of the players at Zaragoza on his favoured personnel list?

Maybe he wanted to stay in Spain, didn't want to learn a new language, and felt he'd get more chances at Zaragoza than Barca or Real.

Why do people insist on making up things to get away from the fact that the programming needs improving.

IF this was the case I'm sure they would have programmed...

"Player x has joined Zaragoza over Benfica due mainly to wanting to stay in Spain" etc...

It doesn't!

Why do people insist on making up things to get away from the fact that the programming needs improving.

IF this was the case I'm sure they would have programmed...

"Player x has joined Zaragoza over Benfica due mainly to wanting to stay in Spain" etc...

It doesn't!

This is where the idea of "talking" to potential signings could be helpful. So you can outline your vision to him, squad status etc.

This sort of thing has been in the game for ages and is really annoying when it goes against you (although i'm sure it also occasionally happens in your favour but you would never know). It does need changing. I think the difficulty comes in that the player doesn't see you're clearly the most successful club in Europe in terms of trophies but only recognises you're club's reputation which i assume is being dragged lower than the Spanish clubs by the leaue rep of portugal.

So overall the source of this problem is probably the whole fixed league reputation issue. But that's not to say a bit better coding couldn't improve the situation if SI insist on keeping fixed league reps.

It's probably to do with the fact that league reps are not programmed to change over time, and so a Portugese team would have a hard time persuading players to come to them due to the inferiority of the league.

It is a fairly major problem, for a non major league based career game anyway, but it is not really a bug.

Archived