Not in Europe

This happened to my mate once, but it was on LMA Manager. He finished 6th and I finished 4th, so we thought we had both reached Europe.

I was in Europe, but it said he wasn't, we also thought 5th and 6th place got a european place.

Never found out why though.

I'm pretty certain that only 5th is guarenteed a place in Europe, the other two places go to League Cup and FA Cup winners unless they have already qualified for Europe by league position, only then do 6th place (and possibly 7th) get into Europe.

Liverpool had to appeal for that to happen didn't they? Did it become a rule after that?

Yes, it became a rule and yes, it's in FM2009. The CL winner if not qualified by normal means for the competition will take the place of the lowest qualified club of that nation.

Does the game update places based on world rankings? That's how it works in real life no?

It's based on European coeeficients, and the number of European places allocated to each country changes over time in the game.

I'm pretty certain that only 5th is guarenteed a place in Europe, the other two places go to League Cup and FA Cup winners unless they have already qualified for Europe by league position, only then do 6th place (and possibly 7th) get into Europe.

exactly that (depending on coefficient)

p.s. what has the champions league winner got to do with this :confused:

p.s. what has the champions league winner got to do with this :confused:

If the CL winner finished in 10th for example they wouldn't qualify for Europe if they hadn't have won it. They would take the 4th CL place, so 4th in the league would be in the Euro Cup, as well as 5th possibly, which could cause 6th to miss out.

I finished my 09/10 season in 6th place but the next season i wasnt in europe why is this doesnt 5th and 6th get a european place

What league are you in?

England's three UEFA spots go to the two cup winners and 5th place only.

What league are you in?

England's three UEFA spots go to the two cup winners and 5th place only.

It reverts back to league if one or both the cups are won by a team who qualify for europe through the league though, so most years 6th and 7th are good enough.

Archived