Your FM moments...everybody wanted

Basically the point of this thread is to charter your best/worst/most memorable FM moments. These could be

1/Funniest

2. Best

3..Worst

4.Most surprising/weirdest

5.Most memorable

6.The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM

My one so far is:

Coming back from 3-`1 down at Old Trafford, down to 10 men, to win 4-3.

Best: creating Arsenal team into an unbeatable team

Funniest: Casillas sent off and no GK on bench. had to sub Albiol on as GK. spent 5min chuckling and laughing about his pathetic moves and jumps.

6 : after getting a regen that had potential to be better than Casillas

Surprising: playing as Kobenhavn against Werder, being 0:2 down with player sent-off, but still snatching a 3:2 win.

Funniest:

This was from FM07. I was playing in the Super Cup against Valencia. I think I was Arsenal but I may have been someone else.

I didn't really care about the match and fielded pretty much a reserve squad. David Villa starts to absolutely TEAR me apart, it's 4-0 Valencia at half time. I injured one of their players in the first half and they made another sub at halftime. I injure another one of their players in the 55th minute so they now have 0 subs left.

Here comes the crucial moment. I have a counter attack and Enyeama (their goalie) brings down my striker and is sent off. They had used all their subs so they put in Jermaine Pennant in goal. I don't know which was funnier: 1. that they had Jermaine Pennant on the pitch in the first place or 2. that he was their choice of goalkeeper. Needless to say, he didn't save the penalty.

The rest of the game was a joke. Every single shot on target I had went in over Pennant's head (maybe a 5"8 goalie wasn't the best idea) and I tied up the game 4-4. David Villa was still causing problems... that is until they decided to replace Pennant in goal with Villa (yes, let's move our only goalscoring threat to the one position in which he cannot score goals). I was laughing so hard when the highlights resumed with Villa taking a goal kick after Pennant had conceded (again).

He didn't do much better and I won the match 6-4.

2. Me as Liverpool winning the treble

5. Winning only my second champions league ever since i last won it in cm 03/04

4. Managing to strike deals for Benzema and Ribery before the new season and having Spurs sign Riera from me at a silly price

Funniest?

David Beckham playing for Motherwell

Oh that reminds me, I had this one game where Norwich kept signing all these old legendary players at the tail of their careers. They had Maldini, Giggs, Nicky Butt (well... he's not legendary but you get the point), Edgar Davids, Canizares, Seedorf, and Cannavaro. 7 years earlier and this was a world-conquering side, but at this point they had shocking fitness and I'm pretty sure Norwich got relegated from the Championship and released all of them.

1 - Funniest: Most Spectacular Own Goal Ever - Having left Lyon for Chelsea after winning Ligue 1 twice in a row I experianced the frustration of managing an underperforming, badly balanced and sulky Chelsea side. My supposedly world-class but super eccentric regen croation Goalkeeper opted in a home match against Arsenal to:

- Dribble almost one third of the way up the pitch to take on the opposition.

- Panic after a bad touch almost lost him the ball to an (aging) Adebayor.

- Clear the ball.

- Watch it swing 35+ yards in a beautiful curling arc that just crept inside the far post. It would have easily been goal of the season if he hadn't scored it.

2. Best - A close tie between:

a) Picking up Sergio Aguero virtually by accident only for him to score 35 goals in his debut season and 42 the next season. With Lazio.

b) Picking up American regen Michael Johnson for £1M only for his value to jump to £35M over the course of the season. Also with Lazio.

3..Worst - Finally giving up on FM09 after various attempts/approaches and 20+ accumulated days of play; when I realised that I simply don't find it fun, the blame for which - as an experianced and usually tolerant FM player - I can place squarely on the game. Have decided to go back to 07.

4.Most Surprising/Weirdest Moment - Running away with the Serie A the year after getting Sampdoria promoted the previous year.

5.Most Memorable - My Viola Immortals (Fiorentina) winning two seasons unbeaten.

6.The Moment Where I Thought...This Is Why I Play FM - Finally scraping together enough to afford world-class regen ST Steve Bullock for 55M at Fiorentina. My biggest ever transfer.

1. Funniest - Jermaine Defoe stewing in the SPL with Hearts for a few seasons.

2. Best - Winning the Uefa Cup with St Johnstone and then winning the SPL with them.

3..Worst - Realising my eight season reign with St Johnstone was coming to an end :(

4.Most surprising/weirdest - Being offered the Tunisian national job :-s

5.Most memorable - Signing for Wolves after leaving St Johnstone.

6.The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM - Definately the uefa cup win.

Funniest: [FM09] Watching on 3D mode, my winger makes a cross, only for the ball to smack straight into the opp. keeper's face and into the goal! \o/

Best: [FM09] Winning the Blue Square South with AFC Wimbledon, [CM03/04] Beating Liverpool 3-2 with Gravesend & Northfleet.

Worst: [FM09] Losing out on promotion on the last day after getting beating 5-1, including having the opp. keeper score from the halfway line.

Most memorable: As above, winning the BSS with AFC Wimbledon. Was so chuffed, I celebrated with some ice cream - at 8:30 in the morning! Didn't feel so good afterwards!

The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM: Seeing my team play exactly the way I want it to.

Funniest: One moment that stands out is Paolo Maldini spending his final year on loan at Newcastle. Another one is in my current game when I bid for all the key players of my title rivals (Players who had no intention of signing for me), which sparked a load of bids from foreign AI clubs who stripped their squad of their best players.

Best: Winning the Champions League with Norwegian minnows Hammerfest.

Worst: Losing the World Cup final with New Zealand to Scotland after knocking out France and Argentina.

Most surprising/weirdest: My current season with TP-47 in Finland. I'm absolutely walking the league and am unbeaten after 20 matches. I was good last year, but I never saw this coming. I suppose what I mentioned in the funniest section has helped though as they're now 6th about 20 points behind (They were 13 points ahead of me last year).:D

Most memorable: Probably something I did at Hammerfest. I had so many memorable European victories. Apart from the final the semi-final 2nd leg away to Benfica stands out. We won 1-0 at home which was a narrow lead against a very strong Benfica side. After about half an hour though my star striker brilliantly headed home, and then we scored a penalty to make it 2-0 and were comfortable after then. There's something about that 1st goal which sticks in my mind though.

The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM: Probably qualifying for the Champions League as manager of Russian far eastern side Luck Vladivostok. My furthest trip was to play Manchester United. I'll also mention my Hammerfest Champions League triumph again. 14 years of hard work and it was worth it just for that 1 trophy.

Funniest: After too many hours of FM and too many beers I had accidentally filtered out all left sided players from my squad list when joined a new club. I only realized after two or three panic buys that I actually had players for those positions already in the team. Went straight to bed and continued after a good night sleep :-)

Best: Entering CL Group Stages with Hungarian team Jaszbereny after beating Sparta Prague and PSV in Qualifying rounds.

Worst: Tweaking tactics literally tens of hours and still couldn't get my team to defend properly against far lesser opponents.

Most memorable: Winning my mate 4-3 in an online game after being 0-3 down in half-time.

The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM: Finding a solution to my defensive problems.

1) Manchester City are a club where "if it will go wrong, it will" is a stigma attached to them. Manchester City ran into a bug in my game where they had no manager for a while. So I created a new manager and poked around, looking at their finances and laughing at the silliness at their squad, before resigning. Then in typical City fashion, they ran into another bug where they started signing anyone and everyone - to the extent where they had around 30 goalkeepers, most of which would have struggled to make a BSN/BSS side. Their squad was around 100+ players before they stopped. Their wage budget must have gone through the roof too, because soon after they were relegated by administration twice in a row and the long-term effects still linger 10 years on. Hilarious stuff.

2) Winning everything with Triestina - Serie A, Italian Cup, Champions League, Club World Championship, Super Cup, Italian Cup at start of season, Under-20s Cup and my Under-20s' League. That said, that's nearly 20 years of work!

3) Manchester United relegated. :(

4) Spain 6th in UEFA nation coefficient rankings.

5) Triestina 4-0 Arsenal

6) Triestina 7-3 New York (!)

1.Funniest - Can't really remember. There are a lot.

2.Best - This.

3.Worst - Losing 7-6 on AGG to Barcelona in Champs League, in the dying minutes, after a 5-1 First leg win.

Having not 1, but 2 people from the same team score over 1,000 goals, but in different era's. Might have a 3rd in the making too.

5.Most memorable

Winning the Champions League with Knockbreda FC of Northern Ireland in 2037. 4-2 v Chelsea was the final score.

6.The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM

Among a lot of reasons, THIS is why I play FM.

Funniest - Having my keeper score the only goal in a Greek Cup final :D

Best - Winning the Champions League for the first time with greek side Niki Volou against Man Utd after an own goal in the 88th minute from their defender

Worst - Losing the Greek Superleague final on the last day of the league despite having a 3 point lead over Panathinaikos... Every time I play AEK now I just think why couldn't you've let in 1 measly goal to us?!?

Most memorable - Either seeing the magical words "Niki V. Have Won the Greek Superleague!" for the very time, or beating Panathinaikos for the first time. Another one could be when I was just a lowly Greek side, I got into Europe via Fair Play. Anyway, to get into the group stages we would have to play a much superior Zenit side. We lost 3-2 in Russia, before destroying them 3-0 at home.

The moment where you thought...this is why I play FM - When Nediljko Parlov, my star striker, starting banging in the goals like there's no tomorrow

Weirdest - The fact the my striker keeps signing new contracts for me when there's interest from Juventus, Chelsea and Vaalncia plus heaps more clubs for his signature (I'm playing in the Australia A-League)

1/Funniest - My mates watching my 9 man MANU team beat fulham 7-0 LOL. They raged!

2. Best - Signed my faves : camacho, asenjo, dzageov, mata, azpilicueta, veloso, moutinho

3..Worst - Signing chilleni for 60m

5.Most memorable 4-1 down to fiorentina first leg of ECC, win 3-0 second leg and go thru on away goals :D

6. Doing treble with man u

Archived