Assistant Advices

I am not sure if anyone has asked it here, so..

I had a tough game. After half-time I was leading 1:0, only goal after my only shot :D Usually when I am having an even game, at half time I check what assistant advices me to do. Question is.. If AssMan has low tactical skill.. Or low other skill.. Is it possible that what he is telling is total bull-s..? If he has, for example, ''5'' skill at Tactics, is it possible he wants me to do smth that surely would make things even worse..? I hope u got my point and sorry for mistakes.

I am not sure if anyone has asked it here, so..

I had a tough game. After half-time I was leading 1:0, only goal after my only shot :D Usually when I am having an even game, at half time I check what assistant advices me to do. Question is.. If AssMan has low tactical skill.. Or low other skill.. Is it possible that what he is telling is total bull-s..? If he has, for example, ''5'' skill at Tactics, is it possible he wants me to do smth that surely would make things even worse..? I hope u got my point and sorry for mistakes.

If I was at a club and the assistant only had 5 for anything never mind tactics I would get rid of him as soon as possible if the finances of the club will permit the employing of a better one. I look for assistants with 15 in the following areas judging player ability\potential\tactical knowledge\motivating\man management. Remember that ordinary coaches can also accept jobs as assistants so don't limit your search to just assistant managers.

I've found that Dan Ashworh who starts the game as West Brom youth coach makes a very good assistant.

Archived