What's the difference between youth facilities and youth facility+youth academy

I'm currently playing with Braintree. My team info page shows the club have basic training facility and minimal youth facilities. But other teams especially premier league teams got youth facilities + youth academy. Even i saw a BSS team got youth academy. So what are the benefit or difference having a youth academy and how can i get a youth academy for my team.

Now I'm currently playing 4th season and promoted to division 2. Now i asked about improving youth facilities to the board, they allowed it. But i can't find any option to start a youth academy. This is my first FM game so i don't know much about this game. My friends told me that starting with lower div teams is really difficult in fm. but i love it.

Anyway what is youngest age in FM? I saw couple of 14yr olds. But I'm finding really difficult to sign 15yr old youngsters. It showing that they are really interested in joining my club in the scout report, but whenever i tired sign them they commit themselfes in the current club. I only managed to get one 15yr old kid in last 3 seasons.

Please help guyz..

how can i get a youth academy for my team.

I think the only thing you can do is keep asking the board to improve the facilities. Once you have good enough finances then you should get a youth academy I would have thought. You'll need better coaches as well because there is no point in having state of the art facilities if your coaches are crap.

Archived