Liga BBVA Registration

I've never managed in the Liga BBVA so I've decided to start a new game playing as Real Madrid. I've searched this forum and google and come up with no solid information about the Liga BBVA registration. I know that I can only register 25 players, however some state you do not need to register under 21s. Does this mean I can have a team stronger than 25 players? Do these players need to be in youth teams or the reserve team or can they still be in the first team? I want to bring in younger players and give them a few games a season whilst they train and develop but the limit makes it harder to do so if you include problems such as injuries and reducing the strength of the team playing young and developing players.

you can register 25 in each squad (1st/B/U19), but you can only choose 6 players in the match day squad who are registered for the B/C teams.

i should add IIRC :D

I think you are right

Thats what annoys me about managing in Spain, made so many mistakes in FM08 by registering wrong players.

even worse in this version with the whole B team affiliate thing so you cant move players about outside of the transfer window

I know that I can only register 25 players, however some state you do not need to register under 21s.

The posters who put this up are almost right, you don't have to register your youth team players to allow them to play, you can put them in and they should get numbers from 26 on. However any player from your youth team has to be 19 or under, so 19 to 21 have to be registered unless I'm much mistaken.

• 1 month later...
even worse in this version with the whole B team affiliate thing so you cant move players about outside of the transfer window

I'm sure you can switch them between your senior squad and "B" team (and vice versa) outside the transfer window.

you don't have to register your youth team players to allow them to play, you can put them in and they should get numbers from 26 on.

Sometimes they get allocated numbers from 1-25 that are already taken by your first team player not in the matchday squad (e.g. my youth player was wearing number 6 because Xavi was injured, but Xavi got 6 back as soon as he returned)

Archived