Just wondering if SI were thinking of putting in club dctors gfor teams which have them, i mean its all very well and good having physiotherapists on the staff but what about the doctors that some teams have, maybe they should have a little area for themselves, like maybe a medicine attribute, the higher that is the better the doctor the better the doctor the less injuries will be had by the payers, and when they do get injured it should be a shorter recovery time. Physios can sort out like stubbed finger, but maybe the doctor should be the one who speaks to the manager, reports on injuries and gives you a break down on the injury and recovery time.

example,

inbox 1

Dr Joe Bloggs assesment of injury sustained by Joe Cole.

Dr Bloggs, says that the current recovery time for a torn acl is 6months, however it is likely that Joe Cole will need to have physiotherapy, and could be out for approximatley 9 months.

or

Dr Bloggs has informed you that Joe Cole is recovering faster than was expected, Dr Bloggs suggests that maybe bringing him on as a substitute in the next friendly may do him some good.

The better the doctor the better the diagnosis, the better the physio the faster recovery time? or something like that?

I don't dislike the idea but how would the attributes of a particular real-life doctor be determined? We never see them working and nobody outside of the club - and very few people inside the club - know enough about medicine and physiotherapy and a player's private injury situation and stuff to be able to evaluate how good a doctor actually is.

I agree with Andy... The idea of the advice and stuff and making the physio interaction a bit better is cool. Alot of managers IRL have to contemplate risking players with slight niggles etc.

Archived