A late starter

I recently purchased a copy of Football Manager 09 because I has a few friends that are "addicted" to it.

I was just wondering what would be the best team to start off as in the English divisions.

Should I start as a Premier League team or a lowly Blue Square South/North team? :confused:

Thanks alot. :)

Another easy option is arsenal. 38 million to spend (up to 46m if you say you'll win title). A good squad (slightly over-rated in comparison with the past season's performances) with plenty of young talent. Look to sign Srna and a midfielder like Toulalan or Gokhan Inler. Also I highly recommend Giovinco from Juventus;) Cost me 9.5m at the start of the game and has started like a dream.

Manchester City would be my suggestion for a complete newcomer to the game.

There is plenty of money to spend, and reasonably low expectations - a top-4 finish an a decent run in the cups should see you safely into a second season. Other upper-mid EPL teams such as Aston Villa or Newcastle would also provide a similar level of challenge.

I would stay away from lower-league management (particularly anything lower than the Championship) unless you have some prior experience with SI games.

Manchester City would be my suggestion for a complete newcomer to the game.

There is plenty of money to spend, and reasonably low expectations - a top-4 finish an a decent run in the cups should see you safely into a second season. Other upper-mid EPL teams such as Aston Villa or Newcastle would also provide a similar level of challenge.

I would stay away from lower-league management (particularly anything lower than the Championship) unless you have some prior experience with SI games.

What are SI games? :confused::(

Another easy option is arsenal. 38 million to spend (up to 46m if you say you'll win title). A good squad (slightly over-rated in comparison with the past season's performances) with plenty of young talent. Look to sign Srna and a midfielder like Toulalan or Gokhan Inler. Also I highly recommend Giovinco from Juventus;) Cost me 9.5m at the start of the game and has started like a dream.

I started a game as Manchester City and tried to but Giovinco but he said he was interested in joining here. :(

Archived