Any news on FM 09

Originally posted by arseneknows:

Thats not to long I suppose. Personally I'm about done on 08 now, good game and all but just done.

How on earth can you be done on FM08, the game is endless and there are hundreds of teams to try out.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arseneknows:

Thats not to long I suppose. Personally I'm about done on 08 now, good game and all but just done.

How on earth can you be done on FM08, the game is endless and there are hundreds of teams to try out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair I don't think the game has enough for 25 seasons or whatever. In terms of, I want to create an Arsenal type side now I want to develope a team that plays like Bolton etc. I just think you can't really determine a specific unique style that is you. Like the differnece between Wenger and Mourinho for example.

Originally posted by arseneknows:

To be fair I don't think the game has enough for 25 seasons or whatever. In terms of, I want to create an Arsenal type side now I want to develope a team that plays like Bolton etc. I just think you can't really determine a specific unique style that is you. Like the differnece between Wenger and Mourinho for example.

I think i've made mine more interesting by accepting all bids of 2.5 times the vlaue, so even if the player is set to become a legend for the club I have to sell him. I also have a wage budget so if they ask for too much they are on their way. It means i'm constantly creating a new team and usually a young team, which makes each season a new challenge.

You're right though, it is hard to impose your own style of play as you find yourself preparing tactics to beat the computer rather than playing in a style you enjoy.

The thing is though I hate long ball, defensive, hard to break down football and would rarely use this style. But its about having the option, thats part of football. Teams do play like this others play attractive attacking styles. I know you can sort of do this but you don't really get that feeling of creating an Allardyce, Bolton style and your team perfecting it etc. I think in terms of longativity these are the things that keep it interesting that and having more stats to build up personaly as the manager, as many as the computer manager have.

Archived