Academy

Well first off it depends at what club you are. Clubs with good youth facilities tend to get better players.

If you are getting bad players you can try asking the board to improve your youth facilities, which should result in better players coming in.

I believe its just luck mate, im in my 5th season with Barca and i havent and a single good regen come through my academy yet and we have state of the art facitlities!

Definately not luck. The reason why there not becoming very good is probably because your not developing them well. Try and change/adapt your training schedules and give each player some game time.

PA the regens are given is based on luck. State of the art facilities etc wont help much. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not. It's a badly coded part of the game.

How on earth is it badly coded??

Having better facilities increases the chance of getting better regens but just because you are Man Utd/Arsenal/Barcelona/Real Madrid/Milan/Inter etc etc it doesn't entitle you to god like footballers every season.

How many players have come through the top clubs in the last 10 years?

Actually top teams do produce good players more often, e.g. how often do Utd. play a premiership team with one or two former players in the opposition team. Well quite often actually, a few years ago it was nearly every week.

The glamour of the big clubs often attracts the best prospects, and if the club takes care of them they come good. Most traditional powerhouses have a reputation of bringing through good young players (even Real)

1) Ask to improve youth facilities
2) Improve clubs reputation 
3) Make sure you make good training schedules
4) Give them gametime when necesseray but don't burn them out
5) If you can find a tutor who has the same sought of personality then get them tutored 
6) Good youth coaches
7) Good scouts 
8) Competitive youth league

Only my points 1) and 2) actually result in better youth players.

All points 3 to 8 do is to increase the chances of fulfilling their potential.

Surely points 3 to 8 though will result in stat increase which will make the players better. I agree it only affects fulfilling potential but that may be jonny92's problem in not getting any decent youth players making it too the top level.

Archived