Is it possible to die?

If you want to keep your game as realistic as possible then I would suggest retiring as a manager when you reach a certain age and if you wish to continue add a new manager with a different name and pretend its a relation to you.

Of course you may not be as sad as me so you would probably just start a new game like a normal person. Whichever you prefer.....

Of course you may not be as sad as me so you would probably just start a new game like a normal person.

Don't worry, I do the exact same thing. It's much more fun than restarting and watching everything happen all over again.

Originally posted by B. Stinson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Of course you may not be as sad as me so you would probably just start a new game like a normal person.

Don't worry, I do the exact same thing. It's much more fun than restarting and watching everything happen all over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to hear I'm not too insane icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Kewell08:

What about other in-game characters? Can they die or does Sir Alex keep managing until his 500th birthday?

I think Ferguson retires at a random date generated by the game, I could be mistaken though. He just vanished from mine when he lost his job at Man U..

Originally posted by Kewell08:

What about other in-game characters? Can they die or does Sir Alex keep managing until his 500th birthday?

They don't die either. They'll get to a certain retirement age-range, and then they'll retire.

Originally posted by Somerandomguy:

If you want to keep your game as realistic as possible then I would suggest retiring as a manager when you reach a certain age and if you wish to continue add a new manager with a different name and pretend its a relation to you.

Of course you may not be as sad as me so you would probably just start a new game like a normal person. Whichever you prefer.....

or you could role play, and start to manage the cub like an old man:

- be really miserly and fine youngsters for minor transgressions, then as you get into you 90;s begin to show signs of senility - sell your star players and splash the cash on inferior replacements.....

B. Stinson

May i ask, are you named after the Replacements guitarist?!

Back on topic, its doubtful you will die, how annoying would that be to build an empire with Worcester and then have a screen telling you you'd died of a heart attack? you'd throw the thing out of the window!

I think the retirement ages are set to 65-75 so everyone else is well programmed

Originally posted by Digs_473:

I can imagine.... I have just won the Champions League for the 40th time in my 60 year FM career, and oh, what's this new message in my inbox...

You Are Dead.

Thank you for playing FM 2008, Rest In Peace.

icon_eek.gif

LMAO icon14.gif

I can imagine.... I have just won the Champions League for the 40th time in my 60 year FM career, and oh, what's this new message in my inbox...

You Are Dead.

icon_eek.gif

Well done, SI could consider this in the next release... icon_wink.gif

You Are Dead.

loool

Originally posted by Somerandomguy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kewell08:

I think Ferguson retires at a random date generated by the game, I could be mistaken though. He just vanished from mine when he lost his job at Man U.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is unrealistic as when Fergie is 500 he will still be managing Man U. By this time his head will be 3 times smaller than it is now and bright purple.

Archived