Damn corner bug!

I can't help but be a tad annoyed at what appears the AI is using this corner bug against me lol... 3-0 up over Madrid in Europe when they then score FOUR from corners, all close range headers....

If i ever felt guilty for using it in my last save.. i don't anymore... :mad:

I may have to find more repetitive things the AI does and figure out how to steal those too, like the 40 yard screamers by talentless players grr

For the corner bug, you may ask your DC to mark tall players and the rest just use man mark. A good goalkeeper who can deal with crosses well is needed too. And for the ridiculous screamers by talentless players, make full use of your MC to close them down, and the opponents will shoot from even further, but more or less over the bar. :-)

For me, I hate the screamers the most as they were not logical while my players couldn't score that. Lol.

I don't think the AI exploit the corner bug. I stopped using the corner bug once I know about it and notice that my players still score from that position even if I did not explicitly request them to challenge keeper. I assume it is the default position for fired up players to score from set pieces and hence probably the source of the bug.

SI have stated many times that the corner bug has been low priority for them because they AI does not have the ability to use it against the human user, and the human user has to make an active choice to exploit it since it doesn't feature in any default tactic.

You may have a poor defensive setup at corners, eg, no one on the posts. If you have a decent ass man ask his opinion - if there are weaknesses in that area he'll tell you.

They don't actively use the closing down goalkeeper exploit. Then again they usually have a man attacking the near post, which is nearly as effective (especially on lower level football) whether you have a man covering the post or not. Very often the man on the near post will just leave it and start running to where he obviously thinks the ball will end up, completely ignoring the attacker who's inevitably going to knock it in.

Archived