Scouts

My scouts came back with a player they say has the potential to be as good as david silva but then give him two stars pa and day I should only sign him as a last resort. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I scouted him with 2 scouts over three matches one with 17 in pa judging ability and the other other with 19 and it still doesnt take away from the fact they say gave him 2 stars and said not to sign him whilst saying he could also be as good as david silva

I've had that before too. Scouts say he has the potential to be as good as 'x' but say I should only sign as last resort.

For me I noticed it seemed to be when I was siging someone they thought was best suited as an AMC. My side plays with MC's only so the scout says that 'player x is the best AMC in the squad but player y is nowhere near the standard' (or whatever he says) but my best AMC is only competent at the position and is an MC and although he is a very good MC he is a poor AMC so the scout is correct on both counts. He would have been as good at AMC as my player but overall was quite poor.

he looks only slightly better than average for a 17 year old in a liga bbva under 18 team. It was a spanish player so work permits arent an issue. I still just don't understand how someone has the potential to be such a good player yet not worth buying.

I think it happens when a player has high potential, but isn't that good at the moment. Therefore, a lot of work and effort on your part is required to get him to Silva's level, which is why he may not be a worthwhile signing.

This happens to me a lot with regens, as several get created with obscenely high potential and obscenely low current ability.

Basically, there should be a new sentence from the scout's which tells you this:

"Player X would be a good signing, providing he is given enough time to improve and develop. If you cannot guarantee a sufficient amount of match practice, he would not be a worthwhile acquisition."

Archived