Database Size, Leagues and Retaining Players

Was hoping someone could clear a few bits out for me please? I'm looking to achieve what I would class as the perfect combination of speed in the game and amount of players available, as well as future regens.

Can someone explain to me the differece between these, and which is the most appropriate set up?

1) Is enabling a country with all leagues as playable the same as retaining that country in the "add all players from option"? i.e do the same amount and same players get added to the D/B

2) Does enabling the country with all leagues as playable + retaining players from that country add more players again to the D/B i.e England BS N/S playable + add all players from England?

3)I only manage in England, and say for example I wanted to add players from France, Germany, Spain, would I be better making the countries leagues playable? or just adding all the players using "add all players from"?

My last game had the following,

All leagues loaded from:

England

France

Spain

Germany

Italy

France

All players loaded from

England

France

Spain

Germany

Italy

France

Scotland

Portugal

Sweden

Norway

Poland

I am also using a custom .edt file that welshace recommended me.

I do have a top end system and the game ran fine, but a little slow for my taste, took roughly 28hours of playing to play one season, but I do potter a lot..

Sorry to drag on, anyways if someone can clear the above questions I owuld be VERY grateful :)

Thanks in advance!

I came here to post pretty much exactly this same thread myself, would be grateful as well if someone could clarify what W_B has asked. Need a game with as vast a database as possible but without slowing it down. I only plan on playing in 3 different countries.

I'm using a DDT with all clubs with reputation > 6700. With England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy playable. That should retain players from most of the big clubs in the world. I previously had all teams from the first division of every "reputable" country but that really slowed down my PC.

Loading all players from a country adds more to the database than adding all leagues as playable. I think the impact is more on the size of the save file and how long it takes to start the game and do all the AI scouting, transfers, and retirements each year. Adding leagues adds processing time throughout the year for fixtures. I remember reading in an experiment that the difference between view only leagues and playable are negligible, so you might as well choose playable or nothing. Load all players just takes that fortuerh.

The exact formula is undefined and subjective and can really only be solved with trial and error. If you plan on playing a long-term save, allow for the fact that saves get larger as you go.

Archived