My final save for FM09

Hi all, I want to start a new save and need your advice on who to be. I want to play in the top leagues in either England, Spain and Italy. I don't want to be a 'big' club such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Inter, A.C Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona but would fancie someone like Liverpool as I have never got stuck into that sort of team and I am now looking through team guides with my chosen team. Any advice or clubs would be helpful but please don't say Championship teams (I will be doing that on FM10 with Boro:p)

Thankyou

Pod :thup::)

When I said Liverpool I didn't mean they weren't a top club just that I wouldn't mind doing them. I have often been interested in CSKA or Shaktar. Does anyone know anything about their leagues, budgets ect ?

Just started up with Shakhtar, getting bored with my Barca save for a while. Budget is £40m wages is £300k per week. Good squad, but is a middling league rep wise so expect a lot of unhappy players if you reject big league bids. League is fairly weak Shakhtar have 4 other premier teams as feeder clubs. Rules regarding foreigners 7 allowed in first eleven for league, same for cup. 5 years for nationality, so buy young foreigners.

Agree with Sir Liam on Udinese. Perhaps Bolton/Portsmouth/Tottenham if you're looking for a midtable English club with relative funds (not sure about Bolton).

Valladolid is a great Spanish club that I've often managed through the years on different versions of FM.

Archived