I feel like im more of a Director of Football...

I always have big plans in my mind and I have taken over a lot of clubs (start many saves), and after I do, I sell and buy players and then when the season starts,I start to lose enthusiam and motivation to continue,it keeps happening besides my beloved INTER. I wonder if anyone is like this...:(

I always have big plans in my mind and I have taken over a lot of clubs (start many saves), and after I do, I sell and buy players and then when the season starts,I start to lose enthusiam and motivation to continue,it keeps happening besides my beloved INTER. I wonder if anyone is like this...:(

just manager holiday the season, returning every now and then to do your business

I know the feeling. The somewhat counterintuitive tactical system – I actually have success ingame, I just don't like the system that much – doesn't make for great fun for me. I look forward to every transfer window, I like getting the young talents, the free transfers, stuff like that. I enjoy it. But the matches themselves don't offer enough... enough fun, enough meaningful activity. Yeah I can play wide. Or hoof up the ball. Or a few other things. But not enough, both in terms of the number of choices and their actual effect and depth. This (coupled with the occasional extremely puzzling and inexplicable result) is why I find the most important part of the game not as fun as the rest of it.

Im torture for starting new games all the time, get to the first couple of games of the season after doing my business in the transfer market then get bored and start again. (Frustrating as hell)

Im Newcastle just now though and currently enjoying my second season in the Premier League!

Im torture for starting new games all the time, get to the first couple of games of the season after doing my business in the transfer market then get bored and start again. (Frustrating as hell)

Im Newcastle just now though and currently enjoying my second season in the Premier League!

Thats exactly how I feel, start a game then get bored so quickly and start again and feel bored again...maybe I should just put it aside...

I know the feeling. The somewhat counterintuitive tactical system – I actually have success ingame, I just don't like the system that much – doesn't make for great fun for me. I look forward to every transfer window, I like getting the young talents, the free transfers, stuff like that. I enjoy it. But the matches themselves don't offer enough... enough fun, enough meaningful activity. Yeah I can play wide. Or hoof up the ball. Or a few other things. But not enough, both in terms of the number of choices and their actual effect and depth. This (coupled with the occasional extremely puzzling and inexplicable result) is why I find the most important part of the game not as fun as the rest of it.

Dude! I am so with you there... the one thing I love doing is just to unearth gems and then see them skyrocket in value and get a nice profit. But once the season starts grinding on, it is so boring to watch the matches because in 2d, i cant see what they're playing and current 3d match, not enough animations to make them look like theyre playing football...

But looking at CM 10's new engine and FM's potentially better effort this year(stadiums? crowds?????) I can't wait.

When I play Manager Mode on FIFA, I enjoy all the games due to a great presentation and a good simulation of the football now if we can only mix that with the transfer depth of FM =]

but yeah I feel you, the game gets boring especially if you keep on losing to bogus sides but you manage to get win as underdogs! =/

I found the solution for getting more dedicated to a new game of FM was to implement myself in the game, as a talent fitting for whichever side I was gonna take over.

I find it quite exiting to watch my own progress, although it's pretty hard to avoid being biased when you're in Team Selection and wants to put yourself on the right wing instead of Camoranesi so bad even though your current condition is just 90 % and you've played like crap for the last 4 matches.

I do that as well! The thing that stopped me was starting in the lower league and try to get my team to the prem!

Exactly what happened to me too. I found myself restarting so many games until I took up managing at lower leagues.

I do like the transfer side of things a lot in the game, going after your target, getting him and then moving onto the next one and all that, but if you don't play the game after that what is the point of working so hard in the transfer market. Buying a player essentially is the easy bit, but making sure they play well, adjust to the new lifestyle and pay you back in the way they play is a huge part of the game.

I, too, look forward to the Transfer Window but love seeing if what I consider to be a good buy turns out to be so or not. Plus it's also building a team, a club reputation and hopefully becoming a football force in the game.

lets hope the 3D engines will improve and give us a better match day experience!

Does anyone else feel like the post match comments by the pundits is perhaps the most closest thing to getting that match day experience?

I do that as well! The thing that stopped me was starting in the lower league and try to get my team to the prem!

Exactly,especially when you are struggling and things are not going as what you think it would,its discouraging and then makes me open a new save again...

exact same for me too.

Was getting sick of getting spanked in the top flight went to the BSN and loved it.

Now I start every career there, although the £0 transfer budget takes ALOT of getting used to! lol

Archived