Signing young players

I hate how, if you sign a young player, say aged 16, and put him in the youth squad, when the board confidence comes in each month, even if you're doing well, they say,

''however, they are slightly disappointed with the signing of... (some random kid)''

Doesn't matter if you are top of the league, unbeaten etc, they are upset because someone you signed for pennies (on a decent young player status) isn't playing in the first team. And they are not discriminatory in who they complain about as it changes each month.

Ridiculous, all managers sign youth players to see how they progress, without any intention of playing them in the first team for maybe 4 years, if at all. No board are going to complain about this when a club is being successful.

Please change this in FM10

Well, they are just giving you feedback on who they think was a disappointing signing... I mean it's not like their confidence in you suffered or anything like that. Just ignore it.

Well, they are just giving you feedback on who they think was a disappointing signing... I mean it's not like their confidence in you suffered or anything like that. Just ignore it.

The point is that the board should be aware of the fact that they are youth signings and not verbally (or otherwise) penalise the manager for it.

It'd be nice not to have to ignore it.

Archived