My Huge Problem

In the space of three weeks I find myself starting a fourth Chelsea save (three due to coming third and being sacked, one due to a crashed PC). However, before I start again, I'd really like some help. What am I lacking? What is needed to overcome Man United and Arsenal who seem to be untouchable. Before you all say it, I know that I'm an incompetant manager so please don't take the mick at my failings with Chelsea. I just find it so much harder than 08, on which I won 11 consecutive titles. I'm going to show you my plans so that you might be able to help me: everyone else seems to win league titles with unbeaten seasons so I'm sure you can help.

I usually sell:

Out

Anelka 27 Million

Malouda 12.25 million

J.Cole 21.5 million

Essien 41 million

Magnay 150,000 pounds

Kalou 5 million

Hilario 975,000 pounds

Mancienne 2.5 million

Deco out on loan

Ivanovic 15 million

Carvalho 20 million

Alex 12.75 million

P.Ferreira 2.8 million

F.Ferreira 140,000 pounds

Ballack 10.5 million

di Santo 3.5 million

Mineiro 275000 pounds

Beletti 5 million

This comes up to around 140 million added to the 37 million gives me 170 million to spend.

My squad at first glance usually consists of:

Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Quaresma and Drogba

and I tend to sign some of these players:

In

Saivet

Zhirkov

Matias Fernandez

Hamsik

Diego

Enyeama

Balotelli

Fazio

Radoi

Vagner Love

Tevez

Veloso

Fleck

Gago

Srna

Beckham

So, where am I going wrong? I don't really like Zhirkov because his finishing is only 9 so he screws up a lot of chances. I never seem to get the dizzy heights that others have out of Lampard, his best tally was 25 with 11 pens. I find it hard to win away and when I lose/draw at home it ends up costing me the league. I won a Champions League in my first save but then promptly lost it. I tend to play 451 with wingers and Love up front alone. Please help!

Many, many thanks

Messi

Don't sell Anelka, Malouda, J.Cole, Essien is an obvious answer, especially Essien why are you selling him?

Your changing to much team isn't gelling cause you change the whole team. Gago, I wouldn't buy, Fleck is handy but don't start him, Radoi as well, Diego and Hamsik I wouldn't buy, Fernandez isn't that good.

Don't change the team so much, the team you start with is good enough for at least 2nd so don't change them that much just strengthen certain positions.

Okay, thanks, not being sarky but I'm taking it you wouldn't take 41 million for essien?

Anelka and Malouda ok, but I can't face turning down 21 million for Joe Cole

Thanks again

well i am certainly no managerial or tactical genius myself at this game but the first thing that jumps out at me is the amount of players coming in and going out. with so many first teamers leaving and so many coming in to replace them it's bound to disrupt the team and take a while for the squad to gel and to get used to playing together.

personally i'd keep the likes of essien, anelka, ballack, cole and carvalho and i wouldn't sign quite so many players straight away.

i'm sure some more experienced regulars will give you more tips too but i would start by being more conservative in the transfer market.

Thanks a lot for your help people. It looks like I'm getting 70 million from selling only three players, I'm bringing Santon and Enyeama in. Is Balotelli good enough to replace Anelka? Or should I go for Tevez?

I know mate but I'm more likely to get a response if I post it in multiple forums and gauge more opinion. Who would've thought that asking more people gives you more responses???? *rolls eyes" No need to get sarcastic...

I say this way because all in all theres more knowledge if you look through the thread and post in there as you'll more than likely find a person that will have a greater knowledge about chelsea, who works well etc.

its worth waiting for a response in there, so you dont start another save game that you come 3rd again or sumthing that you want to start another save because you dont want to strive and carry on into a second season.

Zhirkoz is an amazing winger and you would be mad not to buy him, in my barca side he has 10 goals this season and its march and he is a winger, lots of assists and an amazing avrage rating.

people saying he shouldnt be plaing in the prem have obviously never had him, have terrible tactics or are just idiots.

I do love Zhirkov's assist rating but it's so frustrating that he misses so many simpler chances due to a finishing of 9. It's weighing up the advantages and disadvantages and I'm just not sure that he's worth it.

DUDE! You sell most of the Chelsea squad! You can't expect to decimate a squad and achieve success overnight... keep your best players in the Starting eleven and build on them.

Also you buy in players with a lot of potential... they will be world beaters in a few seasons... but they aren't at the moment. You need to have a good enough team to win NOW not in 4 seasons time. Sign a few KEY youngsters (Saviet etc) and blend them gradually into the team and therefore replacing the aging Essien and Ballack OVER TIME...

Out

Anelka 27 Million

Malouda 12.25 million

J.Cole 21.5 million

Essien 41 million

Magnay 150,000 pounds

Kalou 5 million

Hilario 975,000 pounds

Mancienne 2.5 million

Deco out on loan

Ivanovic 15 million

Carvalho 20 million

Alex 12.75 million

P.Ferreira 2.8 million

F.Ferreira 140,000 pounds

Ballack 10.5 million

di Santo 3.5 million

Mineiro 275000 pounds

Beletti 5 million

In

Saivet

Zhirkov

Matias Fernandez

Hamsik

Diego

Enyeama

Balotelli

Fazio

Radoi

Vagner Love

Tevez

Veloso

Fleck

Gago

Srna

Beckham

So, where am I going wrong?

Two words: IN and OUT. You replaced your ENTIRE team!!!! It will probably take them a whole year to get them to gel (and then some).

Maybe because you've sold most of the key players from a top european team and replaced them with UEFA cup standard players at a push :confused: I mean what were you thinking :thdn: Think Man City would be a better team for you :thup:

what system are you using

I usually go with 4-2-3-1-

with the 3 ams having a free role

defenders pushed up tackle hard.......but full backs are playing as wing backs mostly getting forward at will.......the 2 holding mids allow this

its the 3 ams that do it though I have Riquelme running the show and he only cost 7.5m

I wouldnt sell cole/essien the rest ok but its big changes.......... I make 3 tops per season

I play as Man u using Ronnie as lone striker...........(gave up on burpingtroff! I think he got 3 goals up to xmas sold him to city for 31m)

......only downside for me is rooney is playing only O.K. as lone striker or in any of AM positions

I signed Alexis Sanchez from Udinese for 5m he was a squad player initially but byxmashas made a starting place his own using ronnie as lone striker

I sold Nani/Tevez/Kuzsak for 39m combined to get the cash in............so with the transfer budget given total was 49m

Got Benaglio GK 6M/ Sakho D 5m down plus 10m over 2 years/Buonanotte LM 4.5M/Riquelme 7m/Stancu S 2.5m/ Delph M 1.5m/

Of the ins Riquelme is doing superb has got 18 goals mostly free kicks/pens using him as AM centre ...in 4-2-3-1- formation...........Sakho is pushing for a place and Buonanotte looks a prospect!

Mata is a great young player wanted him but havent got the money left but got Hernanes from Sao Paulo for 14m He is joining in 2010 though .I will try for Mata in the next window when I get more funds but Real are scouting him so I might miss out...

For you at chelsea go for Aguero with all that cash should be brill as centre AM!

You fail because you sell so many and bring in so many. You sell about 10 - 15 players, making the playrs who stay think they're net to be gone. You bring in loads of other players, about 10 - 15, and for all them to blend it will take about 1 - 3 seasons for them all to blend together.

Archived