This was intense.

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share this experience with you all.

Basically, I got Reading promoted to the Premier League as Champions of the Championship, and I knew that avoiding relegation would be a mission. However, I was coping alright hanging around 14th place for much of the season, until towards the end when I failed to win for 10 odd games in a row.

Suddenly I found myself in a relegation battle in which all results seemed to go against me. Several last minute goals put me in the relegation zone and I was left in 17th place on the morning of the final day of the season. I had Liverpool as my opposition, full well knowing that I was likely to lose. :(

It went pretty much as I expected, losing 4-1 at half time, with the goal updates and live league table up, I could see that Stoke, the team on the same points as me had overtaken me as they were holding Blackburn to a draw. I was gutted. End of the match, the score still 4-1 and Reading still relegated. UNTIL, out of nowhere Blackburn scored in the 90+3rd minute saving my team from relegation and relegating Stoke on goal difference. I couldn't believe it. :eek:

Has anyone else had heart-stopping moments like this?

43294150.jpg

98921305.jpg

Last season, my team (Dag & Red) were in 4th place in the championship on the last fixture, behind Bolton, West Ham and MK Dons (on goal difference). We were winning comfortably over Norwich I think, but Dons were ahead after 75 minutes and West Ham (two points ahead) were 1-0 up against bottom-placed Swansea. Swansea had been awful in every match all season, and were on about 15 pointsOn about 80 and 85 minutes, Dons conceded two goals to take them out of the running, and then, with 3 minutes remaining, the consistently terrible Swansea scored (somehow!), giving us automatic promotion! Everyone within a mile radius was subjected to a joyous YES!

Archived