Advice on Tutoring wanted!

if there is a thread that i can be linked to i would be grateful for that otherwise i have a few questions.

how can i best tell who is suited to tutor certain youngsters?

sometimes the coach recommends people that should tutor a certain youngster but when i tell the youngster to learn from this player they are sometimes unsure. is this because the player is the right person or could it be what i said when i told him to mentor them?

in terms of what you can say when you tell a person to mentor someone what is the difference between the 3 options?

thanks for any advice/comments

I tend to only go with the role model one if there is a comment from the youth player e.g. "thinks x is a good player" or "is pleased x joined the club"

Apart from that I tend to go with can learn from...

thanks for the responses will keep these in mind and also wondering the answer to NNI's question

also in response to what tiger joe said does that also work with similar mentalities such as determined towards driven?

SCIAG: Do the different options just alter the "scale" of benefits or do they also affect what a player learns (ppms, mental attributes, etc)?

Experiments by the likes of Lyssien in the training forum seem to show that the options alter the 'scale', as you say.

The main visible attrib that is altered is determination. Jack Rudd's point is important. The other atts are hidden personality ones such as professionalism. Then there are the PPMs.

Experiments by the likes of Lyssien in the training forum seem to show that the options alter the 'scale', as you say.

The main visible attrib that is altered is determination. Jack Rudd's point is important. The other atts are hidden personality ones such as professionalism. Then there are the PPMs.

Ok, it'd be nice to have a choice of what the player gets from the tutoring though. Like, one option where he leans PPMs, another personality traits and another where he learns both. Sometimes there's a tutor that's got the right mental stats, but PPMs that would do more harm than good to the player...

what i tend to do is get young players tutored by first teamers with high determination

and select the lowest option on recommendation screen

that usually means the youngster has the same determination as the older player

after that has been successfully completed i suggest they would benefit by adopting someones approach to the game

after that is done i say ideal role model

this usually means that the younger player becomes almost a copy of the older one

mental attributes similar, personality the same, preferred moves the same, and it means the players tend to play better together as they list each other as favored personel

on my newest game i had joao moutinho tutor a young spainish regen and now that regens personality is model pro

and they play very well together and similar style too

i have also found that determination reaches the exact same level as the tutees

i had another regen tutored by gattuso which lead to the rgens determination getting to 20

after that i had him tutored by thiago silva which meant his determination dropped t 17 which is exactly the same as thiago silvas

in the past i have also seen composure increase rapidly as a result of tutoring

annoyingly i have never seen flair be passed on to the tutored player infact i havent seen flair increase by much ever

if anyone knows a way of increasing flair i would be very greatful

hope that helps

Archived