How big is yours???

My save has just topped 501MB.

I'm in late Sep 2013, and am starting to become impatient with some of the processing times. Last night I was only getting in just one game in an hour. The only thing that's stopping me starting again is I have played this save since Christmas when I first got the game.

So how big is your save game, and what year are you in? I think I was over ambitious with my selection of 83 leagues!!!

My save has just topped 501MB.

I'm in late Sep 2013' date=' and am starting to become impatient with some of the processing times. Last night I was only getting in just one game in an hour. The only thing that's stopping me starting again is I have played this save since Christmas when I first got the game.

So how big is your save game, and what year are you in? I think I was over ambitious with my selection of 83 leagues!!![/quote']

Egh! Hmm, I might reconsider my current save that I've just started - 82 leagues in mine. Shame, I'm playing as AFC Wimbledon and just got Fulham as a feeder club.

Hey aapy ammer how many leagues have you got loaded and what are your specs?

Reason I ask is I might restart my current save with less leagues. There's no way I can wait that long for games.

Comp specs: Intel Dual Core slightly overclocked to 2.41 Ghz, and 2 GB of RAM.

83 leagues from about 32 countries or so

Brian you don't have one. Your actual name is Belinda.;)

She might still have one...

I'll get my coat.

Mine is 450 Mb or thereabouts, with 13 leagues running (but entering 20 seasons).

I really, really wish SI would consider releasing a tool which cleared out all the histories from saved games which basically gets rid of all past league tables and player histories and reduces the file size by a factor of about half, and speeds up saving/loading times. There used to be an unofficial tool for FM 07.

x42bn6 - how many matches do you get through in an hour on average?

I would imagine with only 13 leagues loaded processing is quick? What about European and International competitions? Are they siding heavily with the countries' leagues you loaded at the start?

Anyone else care to give a bit of info on this? Just loaded up 49 leagues from 34 nations, so roughly half the leagues of the save mentioned in OP. The save file is 142MB, but this was with a large database as opposed to medium!

I'll get my coat.

Mine is 450 Mb or thereabouts, with 13 leagues running (but entering 20 seasons).

I really, really wish SI would consider releasing a tool which cleared out all the histories from saved games which basically gets rid of all past league tables and player histories and reduces the file size by a factor of about half, and speeds up saving/loading times. There used to be an unofficial tool for FM 07.

Being a pedant... but surely if you reduce something by a factor of half you in fact double it? Maybe that's why Si haven't done it?!?!

Sorry couldn't resist....

I'll get my coat.

i think for an older FM there was a tool that did this released, wasn't official though may have been called FM Speeder not to sure used it once or twice

Wasted a day yesterday. Messed about starting new games and seeing how big the save file was. Settled on a much smaller save, but after playing for a week (game time!) , I kept thinking what a waste of 6 months that big save was.

So....I've just reloaded my big 500MB save. I'll give it another go, and see if I can stick it out a bit longer. I may as well keep going till FM10!

Mines not as big as Wijnand Fens' but certainly bigger than BrianQuinn's pee wee ! :eek:

x42bn6 - how many matches do you get through in an hour on average?

I would imagine with only 13 leagues loaded processing is quick? What about European and International competitions? Are they siding heavily with the countries' leagues you loaded at the start?

Anyone else care to give a bit of info on this? Just loaded up 49 leagues from 34 nations' date=' so roughly half the leagues of the save mentioned in OP. The save file is 142MB, but this was with a large database as opposed to medium![/quote']

True, processing is quick but my laptop is old by today's standards.

The world's best players are with the Home Nations and Ireland (because I loaded up all players from those countries - which seems to have also vastly inflated the number of wonderkids coming from those regions), although Italy and Spain have solid teams (just few wonderkids). However, Spain are now 6th (nearly 7th) in the UEFA nations coefficient rankings which has not helped them at all (but Spain get the additional bonus of being able to call up naturalised South Americans easily).

I just never found a point in loading so many leagues when I don't intend to play in all of them, given Football Manager's static league reputation "feature". England, Spain and Italy are enough for me.

That can't be with many leagues though. ;)

England (CocaCola 2 and above)

France (National and above)

Germany (First div)

Italy (Serie B and above)

Scotland (Third div and above)

Spain (LIGA adelante and above)

Large database with I think 16 leagues, not too bad. Cant be stuffed loading the game on the other comp, laptop is just too handy.

Archived