Just spent £472 mil in 1 day!

472 mil in one day 0_0. Are you Posh Spice?

Haha.

Poor Khaldoon Al Mubarak has no idea the sh*t I've gotten him into. He is gonna have to pay just over £1.1bn over around 2 years, so far...

Btw, first game of the season away to Blackburn, trashed em 5-1 (Kaka 2, Vargas, Hamsik, De Rossi)

My lineup is now:

GK Buffon

DL Srna

DC Chiellini

DC Mexes

DR Ramos

ML Vargas

MC De Rossi

MC Kaka

MR Gerrard

AMC Rooney

ST Torres

<3

Nice team, but...what a waste of money. I hate spending too much on players, I get more satisfaction from buying youth and helping them to develop into world class players.

Yeah I've always done that. Up until recently I've been playing my Man Utd game from the demo which I was in around 2024 and I loved buying only youngsters and bringing them up, it was great. So I thought I'd have a change and do this :p

Btw second game 4-0 vs Wolves (Torres, Vargas, Kaka, Srna)

I've been playing as City since 9.2, still only in 2013 though. Trying to make the club profitable but finding it hard (sitting steady though around the 200-250m mark since the first season), I signed too many youngsters in the first couple of seasons, thinking they'd mature from loaning them out or with my training but it hasn't happened with most of them unless they get time in the first team.

I haven't made any really massive purchases like you, I've just been signing potentially good teenagers and bleeding them into the first team, but my squad is still too large. I'm at the end of season now and I think I'll have a bit of a clearout. Messi is my record signing at a paltry 43.5m, Vela and Fazio after that both around the 16.5m mark. Made a fair bit of cash bringing in players on a free even though I don't need them and selling them for a profit a year later. Being City I never have to worry about money but trying to win every competition in one season and making some money for the club still drives me, but as soon as the Man United job becomes available (Tony Adams is in charge atm! :( ) I'm going to controversially swap colours for more of a challenge.

Heh, I can understand why you would think that but honestly no I havn't, I'm against any editing at all. The only first galactico I got in the first season was Gerrard and I was amazed he wanted to come, he just appeared on list when I had 'Filter out unrealistic targets'. The rest of the players were average like Fazio, Akinfeev, Barry, Tymoschuk, Vagner Love. Though the majority of the galacticos I got didn't even appear on the Filtered list and scout report/when offering contract both said not interested, I just put everything to the max and some agreed. You should have seen me jumping up and down when Kaka agreed terms :p

Now I'm way in debt (just had to pay out £80 mil for 40 league appearences each for Gerrard and De Rossi) but I'm guessing Khaldoon will bail me out soon. Fabregas and Messi have agreed terms so I just need some more cash :D

How the hell, do you get so much (over 400m) in your second season. OR is it third? (2010 i see)

Honestly, i havent actually made the second season with city, more of a united player. But i know as city you can get up to around 130m in transfers on the first season.

So how do you make such a massive rise in transfer funds. Its not like city have great players to sell to make money from either.

This is how :p

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9784/clauses.jpg

I always offer pretty much £0 up front and then a crapload of bonuses/clauses. This way it doesn't take the full amount from your budget and once the transfer has gone through it doesn't matter how much debt you get in cos Khaldoon will always inject more (he just put another £103 mil in the club on mine)

I thought some people may think that :p I think that's what happens anyway, he keeps injecting money. If he doesn't or he leaves the club then it's going to be hilarious. It's not exactly a very serious game I'm just building a team of the best players and watching them play some fantastic football :) And as a side project, attempting to get the club into some serious debt.

I like Buffon :D And, like Real Madrid irl, I only want the big reputation players.

To be honest I hope I do manage to force the chairman out of the club. It will be great fun trying to re-build a team with well over £1 billion debt :D

472m would barely put a dent in my fortune at stoke these days lol, buying all the high profile players isn't always the best move though because usually they have more varied personalities between them all, I prefer to have my squads full of determined individuals, whenever I went for ambitious players they always wanted to move on and were never any good at coming back from bad starts lol.

Worth 1.7bn only have 900m in the bank (every time it gets to about 1.1/1.2bn chairman takes some out for investments) but it won't go beneath 700m either because the chairman tops it up when I do go on a spending binge lol.

This is how :p

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9784/clauses.jpg

I always offer pretty much £0 up front and then a crapload of bonuses/clauses. This way it doesn't take the full amount from your budget and once the transfer has gone through it doesn't matter how much debt you get in cos Khaldoon will always inject more (he just put another £103 mil in the club on mine)

Pahaha, my jaw pretty much hit the floor when i saw this, think you may well be getting a new chairmen soon - enjoy your administration hehe

I got Rooney for £83 million and Vargas for £25 million in the same season that you bought them. I didnt expect there to be so few players, your wage bill must be sky high although I guess it doesn treally matter.

he just appeared on list when I had 'Filter out unrealistic targets'. The rest of the players were average like Fazio, Akinfeev, Barry, Tymoschuk, Vagner Love

Average :O Akinfeev and Love are amazing

Wish I had that sort of money to spend, but then again I'd end up with a massive squad as I usually buy one quality player each season and loads of youngsters to develop.

Ramos is a great player, both in 08 & 09. In my 08 game I brought him to Liverpool for $93M, my most expensive signing since his partner at the back, Micah Richards, he set me back $50M. Nobody gets past those 2 guys at the back!

In my Man City game, I spent loads at first, but got bored, and managed to sell all those players for a profit when they were 30.

I've found that whenever I assemble a "perfect team" in FM I get bored immediately. I only ever enjoy the games where improvements still need to be made, beit a new stadium, balance, facilities, homegrown players, etc.

Archived