CM10 to be challanging FM10 this year?

Ive always been a big fan of FM since they split with Champ Man those years ago...

I thought id find out what happened to CM09 only to read that its been put back a year and released as 2010 whilst focusing on improving the game aswell as new features...i really think they have a good chance to challenge FM this year (unlike previous years where Footie Manager dominated).

I was just wanted other peoples thoughts on this

i played on the first CM when they broke up from FM and it was absolute garbage, never looked at it since.... i can remember one thing that was so unrealistic and put me off it, if you had hard tackling you were virtually guaranteed 5 red cards and match abandoned

aye, ive tried previous versions of CM since the split, and they were nothing compared to FM, and ive played all versions of Footie Manager and plan to buy 2010 when released...but looking at a few screenies of CM10 and it looks good, and reading some of the features like 3D match engine (yes, been done in FM but i find it annoying....CM supposedly used motion capture and 50o animations for it)

They are also releasing a feature called Seasons Live, which are 6 monthly data updates (managers moving, player updates, red cards, goals etc so its resembles the real life season) and you can start at a certain point in one of the monthly updates as a challange...

Im just thinking that with the extra year of working on the title (without releasing 09) then they may well be making something decent....lets hope FM10 doesnt let us down with the almight amount of bugs at release

Hmmm, sounds to me that all these shiny new CM features have been bugged as hell, see the video trailer thingy for reference. With regards to the updates, im sure that when the time arises, some kind person on here will take it upon themselves to create the situations that have arisen without having to pay for it.

SI have admitted the release of FM09 didnt exactly run smooth, partly due to the DRM activation and partly because of some major flaws that slipped through. They have adressed this issue by releasing a release day patch, and in future have recruited more testers in the hope of ironing out more problems. FWIW, no piece of software is bug free! On FIFA09 (PS3) i could regularly score from the half way line, yet in resultant updates/patches, this has been ironed out along with other problems. Its not just SI that release software that has bugs is the point im trying to make you see.

The one thing, and possibly the main thing, that FM has over CM is the world famous database that is so realistic it has reportedly been used by real life football teams to point them in the direction of players worth scouting. For this reason, FM will still stay ahead of CM regardless. The players are the most important part of the football management sim genre, and SI's ability to reflect the attributes thoroughly and accurately means its 2 steps ahead IMO. Shiny new features are not what FM player are after, you only have to look at fellow players reaction to FIFAManager to see thats overall its not that important.

I may be on my on this, but i would like FM2010 to polish the features already present before introducing radical new ones. Is this planned? Who knows! One thing is for certain, i will be buying FM2010!

Archived