How often do teams like...

I was just wanting my game to be realistic. Obviously top teams loan out players to get them expereince in first team football. And small clubs loan in players to give them (sometimes) good players into squad without a transfer fee.

Tevez is on loan ;)

Tevez is technically on loan.

He isn't owned by manchester united, or any other club, but by a consortium, who will allow him to play anywhere his wages, and their fees are met.

But that could be set to change, as the consortium are looking to offload him.

I believe this is the only time, and probably the last that this will happen.

Big players don't come in on loan often but they do loan in prospects and back up players more often than you think.

They don't come much bigger than Shevchenko, Quaresma and Larsson, not to mention Tevez. I think with top players' wages these days, this is set to become far more common.

Arsenal loaned Rui Fonte in to see whether he was any good, I imagine top clubs do the same. Italian teams seem to do it more.

Italian teams have co-ownership deals, loans, and complicated options and combinations of these to compencate for a lack of reserve leagues. You'd be suprised to see how large a percentage of C1 and C2 players are actually fully or partially owned by top league sides.

Arteta was a loan ..

Was john obi mikel when he played for united ?

No what happened with Mikel was that he signed for Utd., then Chelsea came in with a bigger bid, he repudiated the contract, and Utd. got £12m off Chelsea. Also the chairman of Lyn Oslo (his original club) forged one of the signatures on the original contract, so they lost the £4m they were getting.

Archived